LOGIN
Lake-Link

cleaning screen on Lawrance Mark 5.

5/27/14 @ 7:19 PM
ORIGNAL POST
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05
How do you clean the screen on the color Mark 5? Mine always has water spots and looks like a rainbow. I've tried just a wet paper towel. I heard that you don't want to use windex type cleaners. I just can't get it cleaned. When I do finally get it cleaned, is there a screen protector I can put on it like cell phones have?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/3/14 @ 11:36 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
User since 4/1/12
vinager and water works great, i have also had good luck with a screen cleaner product cabelas sells it is endorsed by a prof. fisherman but i can not remember his name. i keep the bottle and the nice soft rag it comes with in the boat and wipe clean as needed.

6/3/14 @ 8:09 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07
alcohol may remove any anti glare finish, never use paper towels.

6/3/14 @ 6:15 AM
fishs
User since 2/17/04
Vinegar/water mix. No ammonia!!!

6/2/14 @ 3:50 PM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02
I use Sparkle but for water spots the vinegar mixture should work nicely. I carry a small spray bottle in the boat plus the microfiber towel that came with the Lowrance. I think that works way better than paper towel and worried that a wood based material like paper towel could scratch the screen.

I'm not sure a stick on after market screen protector would help that much. Just best to wipe it down more frequently and don't touch the screen with greasy fingers.

Grey Beard

6/2/14 @ 12:24 PM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
User since 12/26/04
40% vinegar and 60% water. Read it awhile back on one of the forums. WORKS GREAT!

5/30/14 @ 9:13 PM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
A few yours ago I read this on walleye central and I have been doing it since and it works great. In a small spray bottle I mix up 50% water with 50% Isopropyl Alcohol 99% by volume.http://www.amazon.com/Swan-Isopropyl-Alcohol-99-Pint/dp/B001B5JT8C/ref=pd_sim_bt_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1XBE8N4QXED1SBSE4EHN

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.