LOGIN
Lake-Link

Carbon X rods ??

6/19/16 @ 12:39 PM
ORIGNAL POST
bmwrider79
bmwrider79
User since 5/7/16

Just read a article in Fish Feather & Fur poring on the praise of the Carbon X S17 rod for pan fish. 

The web site that sells them is non functioning. at least you cant successfully buy on it. Well maybe its me but any way just wondering if any one has feed back it sells for $119.00  

Seems like going rate for a decent rod. I currently use mostly St Croix rods that are in a comparable price range. 

Any thougths

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/27/16 @ 1:07 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Custom Rods are nice, I have a couple.  Sure many of them have a lifetime warranty against manufacture defects.  What exactly is a manufacture defect?  I see theElk River roods run $150 - $250.  For $100 bucks, I will take the Okuma rod with the IM8 blank that has a lifetime no questions asked warranty.  For $20 bucks they will ship you a new rod.  Doesn't matter if you snapped it in the rod box or your dog chewed it up.  That's my two cents or $100 bucks.  They also have the same warranty on their carbon rods as well.

6/27/16 @ 8:16 AM
JustPerchinAround
User since 1/16/14

I would never pay that kind of cash for a factory rod. I've bought rods from Elk River Rods as well as built my own.  This is a far better option in my opinion.  I would rather have complete say in all aspects of the build. I am not saying St. Croix or other manufacturers don't make a nice product, because they do, but for my money I'll take a custom over a factory every single time.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.