LOGIN
Lake-Link

Broke one of my favorite lures.

6/7/16 @ 8:16 PM
ORIGNAL POST
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

This weekend I broke my discontinued Rapala FR-5 in Crawdad color. I didn't even get a chance to fish with it. As I was tying it on to my line,  the bill pulled right out of the body. I can't believe an epoxy is all that held it in place. I bought it for $4.00 at our local tackle store. What can I use to glue it back in place? I've caught lots of fish with this lure...Bass,  Walleye, Catfish, Pike and even a big Blue Gill. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/9/16 @ 6:08 AM
Badgerloader
User since 4/10/11

Bird: fix it with Fish-in Glue - waterproof super glue.

6/8/16 @ 7:42 PM
Rough House
Captain Andy Platko
User since 6/19/15

Try a slow setting epoxy. Like a 30 min. Slap it on and try and get it centered and then get some rubber bands and go around the head of the bait and the bill. Double or triple over themselves so they get pretty tight. You'll prob have to cut the rubber bands off when dried.  Ive done this in the past to some rapalas and it has worked.   

Rough-House Charter
(724) 664-3136
6/7/16 @ 9:17 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I know how it is. My big fave, the creek chub pikie, had fallen apart after several years of catching many northern pike.  I used some kind of construction glue to put it back together. It worked but was unbalanced after that and didnt have good action.  You can try some construction glue like liquid nails, that stuff is almost bombproof, but hard to work with in small detail like a fish lure.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.