Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Braided Line

3/9/15 @ 1:31 PM
ORIGNAL POST
wini
User since 3/27/06
Any suggestions on a cheaper braided line?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 17 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/22/15 @ 7:41 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04
"Suffix 832 does not sink. I've been using it for a while and contrary to those who only read about fishing, it does not sink. Lines like fluorocarbon do sink but they aren't like lead core, they barely sink. Even floating braided lines barely float. A small bare hook will cause them to sink"

This comment cracks me up.... if you throw top water or float fish for steelhead, you will notice a big difference in performance from a floating braid vs a sinking fluorocarbon line, etc.

6/21/15 @ 11:33 PM
cycleguy
User since 2/8/05
Using for what? As backing on a large trolling reel, or casting on ultralite spinning rods? Makes a big difference in what I use.

6/21/15 @ 9:24 PM
Viszla-Terrier
User since 12/27/10
I've been using the fireflies (smoke & crystal) since it came out and use it the most. I also have been using power pro for years. I am very happy with both. I bought spiderwire a few years ago and like it too. I like them all. I'm not a pro, but I do fish a fair amount for numerous species lakes and rivers.

I have had minor issues w/each,mainly unreasonable tangles. ??

Good luck.

6/21/15 @ 8:07 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
Power pro for me also. Do use fireline or suffix 832 for a couple spinning rods as well and no complaints there either. But most bang for the buck power pro for sure.

6/21/15 @ 7:56 AM
badgerguy1
User since 11/21/08
Power pro,and in the long run its cheaper than mono.

6/21/15 @ 12:09 AM
Mr.Pinch
User since 5/17/15
Yep, power pro is a great line. Others do specific things better, but overall power pro is my go to line.

6/20/15 @ 10:25 PM
Willburr76
User since 6/18/15
Stick with the power pro ive had problems with spiderwire stealth and berkly premium line (cant remember fire line or something) Stealth braid would randomly snap casting and the fire line retained memory. Junk. I was fishing with my uncle he had 1 1/2 oz. Dare Devil stuck in a log. Had 30# Power Pro Flor carbon leader. What do you guess gave out??? The split ring on the dare devil gave out. No bs wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt seen it. So that just tells ya how tuff that line is!!!

3/14/15 @ 10:55 AM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10
I fish with Berkley braided lines, mostly fused crystal. It casts great, is durable as hell, and holds knots well if you cut your tag ends correctly. Other lines might seem better based on price, but they're made overseas, thats the only reason why they are cheaper. Berkley is made right here in the midwest. If you're up in Canada you could check out Thundermist braid, i've heard that it's good but not had a chance to try it; it's supposedly made right in Ontario.

3/14/15 @ 10:17 AM
Scott F
User since 6/12/10
Suffix 832 does not sink. I've been using it for a while and contrary to those who only read about fishing, it does not sink. Lines like fluorocarbon do sink but they aren't like lead core, they barely sink. Even floating braided lines barely float. A small bare hook will cause them to sink.

3/14/15 @ 5:55 AM
pool 9 cathunter
User since 9/23/14
Spiderwire stealth on my baitcasters and fireline for spinning

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 17 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.