Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Boat electronics

4/6/18 @ 7:28 AM
ORIGNAL POST
krausen77
User since 10/15/09

Buying a new boat and want to put in 2 locators.  

I want to know of a locator that can communicate with each other.  One at the wheel and one up front.

so if I mark a spot at the bow it will also mark that spot on the unit at the wheel.

Just reading descriptions of units I have not seen any mention of this but I have seen YouTube videos in the past mentioning it

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/10/18 @ 12:19 PM
karl58
User since 7/27/13
I have 2 Lowrence hds units with motor guide trolling motor,  and have them all linked, and I will never go with out it again it makes life great,  you can also do same thin with minkota and hummingbird I think too

4/10/18 @ 12:15 PM
karl58
User since 7/27/13
what trolling motor are you going with? I would also make sure they can link together

4/6/18 @ 7:40 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

https://doctorsonar.com/blogs/educational-articles/26885124-rigging-lowrance-electronics

4/6/18 @ 7:38 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

every manufacturer has this capability....when you look at humminbird website just go to "Features" filter and select "Networking"  

I think you need to purchase a little router as well provided by same manufacturer of locator.  

Lowrance will units like the carbon series will describe network capabilities and will also state it has an ethernet port. I dont believe the NMEA or wireless capabilities support the feature you are describing and are for other benefits.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.