SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Best ultralight spinning reel

8/26/16 @ 7:10 AM
INITIAL POST
dug31
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/14

I'm looking for an ultralight spinning reel,mostly for panfish. What is everyone using out there? Any input would be really helpfull. My price range is anywhere from $30-100.

Displaying 31 to 40 of 50 posts
12/4/21 @ 12:40 AM
James Anderson
James Anderson
User since 11/25/21

In under $30 and $100 there is multiple ultralight spinning reels available in different stores that you can choose. However, in my opinion okuma ceymar and cadence cs8 are the best ultralight spinning reels. okuma ceymar comes in under $40 price range which is affordable. The main feature of this reel is it is ideal for inshore saltwater fishing and also it has Multi-disc, oiled felt drag system which is very useful for fines fishing. Also cadence cs8 light reel comes in under $100 price and the main features of this reel it is constructed from materials that bring strength without the weight, the Cadence CS8 series reel offers premium performance at a very modest cost. 

11/29/16 @ 8:56 PM
WalleyeLouie
WalleyeLouie
User since 9/11/16

Pflueger are the best in my book

11/19/16 @ 5:37 PM
splashman
User since 6/26/01

Tica Cetus SB500 or SE500.

Getting harder to find. Ebay has them from 53.00 to 60.00. 

I've tried Shimano and Pflueger. I settled on my first Cetus 10 years ago. Now I have 6 of them and the first one is still as smooth as the others.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tica-Cetus-SE500-Ultra-Light-Spinning-Reel-6-1-BB-New-in-Box-FREE-Spare-Spool-/192022456914?hash=item2cb56e2a52:g:jBgAAOSwMVdYIkld

11/18/16 @ 3:54 PM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

The best panfish spinning reels I ever owned and still use today are the Shakespeare 2200 sigma 025 or 030. Unfortunately I think they quit making them in the seventies. If you can ever find one snap it up.

The number off bearings in the spinning reel will be determined by the diameter of the oscillating rod that passes through the bearings or  the diameter of the bearings themselves. The amount of bearings makes no difference as long as they fill the entire circumference of the inner  and outer race of a  self contained unit.  

11/18/16 @ 1:18 PM
wallybeav
wallybeav
User since 11/6/08

Was told by Bass Pro person at reel counter Shimano does not make Symetres no more. The reel that replaced it now is called NASCI. He said they can't keep them in stock. Very good reels

11/18/16 @ 11:35 AM
JustPerchinAround
User since 1/16/14

I don't think you can beat a Shimano, personally.  I think that in the price point you are looking you find that the Shimano reels are smooth, durable and have very reliable drag systems.  Don't get sucked into the "bearings race".  I personally think the Symmetre is the way to go, but I have been putting Sedona's on the wife and kids' rods and they are great as well.  I use the 500's on my ice rods and short ultra-lites, but like to step up to the 100's on rods 6 feet or longer.  

9/2/16 @ 2:42 AM
skeeterbite
User since 4/12/14

Dont know who is the best. I do use the shimano sedona 1500's. I pair them up with 7 ft light action im7 graphite guide series rods from g' mountain with 4 lb berkley trilene xl. All that lets me cast a mini mite with a bb size split shot a good distance and i still can play the occasional bass the bites. 

9/1/16 @ 6:38 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Chop chop, my comments were broader than an ultralight, as I am sure yours were. You brought up a 10 ball bearing reel to the price point of $600 bucks not me. I simply stated go compare one to the other or side by side and look at prices too. Personally I wouldn't pay $600 for an ultralite, you might but I won't.  Okuma has several very smooth ultralights with 6+1 ball bearings, go check them out you will be surprised.

8/31/16 @ 9:51 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Chop chop, Best lies in the eyes of the beholder. Go to the store and compare side by side a 10 ball bearing Shimano and a 10 ball bearing Okuma. Besides comparing the reels functionality and smoothness, compare the prices as well. Not saying Shimano's are bad, just compare them, you will be surprised.

8/31/16 @ 2:23 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Best lies in the eyes of the beholder.  Okuma has some very nice reels that are small and very smooth.  For example they have an Avenger in in a size AV-10 or AV-25.  Both run $39.99 and have 6+1 ball bearings.

If you want to spend a litte more money, they have a Ceymar size C-10, again 6+1 ball bearings and runs $49.99

Displaying 31 to 40 of 50 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE