SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Best Line For Jigging

11/30/23 @ 12:35 PM
INITIAL POST
Golf Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/22/12

Guys- wondering your thoughts on the best line for jigging?

Is one better than the other?

If a clear lake or with dirty water?

Trying to decide what to use next year. 

Thanks in advance. 

Tight Lines 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
12/4/23 @ 6:37 PM
Golf Guy
Thanks for all the help. 
I leaning towards a super line with a mono leader. 
Thinking that mono floats and will give the jig a slower drop & different look when jigging 
12/4/23 @ 11:43 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
There's so many good fishing lines out,that singling one out is personal preference. 
I agree on Super line, zero stretch.
I use Berkley Red.
12/4/23 @ 9:48 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
My favorite all around line is Berkley Cold Weather.  I've been using it for years with no issues.  I do not use it in deep water though.  For that I use a super line like Suffix 432 and tie on (no swivel) a fluorocarbon leader, about the same length as the rod.
12/4/23 @ 8:11 AM
Moon River
PRO MEMBER User since 12/8/22
Consider putting a ball bearing swivel where main line / leader line connect to help reduce / eliminate line twist from jigging!
12/3/23 @ 3:51 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Personally, I prefer something like Fireline. With no stretch, you can feel just about everything. Depending on what the bottom is like and what the target it, I'll use a leader of 8lb mono or 15lb-25lb flourocarbon. It's not cheap; however, I've gotten a number of years out of what I have spooled up. There's no memory so no coils to contend with either. I will say get a braid line cutter to make things a lot easier for you when you're tying knots. 
12/3/23 @ 12:34 PM
Golf Guy
Only for jigs.
Looking for the line of choice and maybe reasons why
12/3/23 @ 9:21 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
Depends on what lures you use.
Spoons
Jigs
Jigging Rapala or those type of lures.
What kind of depths?
Do you plan on using a Superline?

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE