SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Bass pro extreme reel drag slipping

11/19/17 @ 10:10 AM
INITIAL POST
flatlander68
User since 1/24/06

I purchased a new Extreme EXM 10sa,  The drag slips at the tightest setting.  I made several adjustments, but still slips, even when setting the hook.  Without taking it apart are they any suggestions?

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
11/26/17 @ 9:53 AM
thatbassguy
PRO MEMBER User since 1/20/09

If the drag slips without any tension, I would return or exchange it.   I can't find that model on BPS website, but the extreme spinning reel I found has very bad reviews. Not sure what type of reel you're referring to, though.

If it only spins under tension, that might be the max drag for that reel.  I have spinning setups with braid, and I usually have a little drag come out when I set the hook.  At least when I'm bass fishing.

Make sure it's not slipping on the spool as mentioned.

As far as mono backing, that's a matter of preference.  I have used tape and only tape as long as I've used super line. I have never had my line slip on the spool.  You have to use good tape and wrap the line on with tension.

11/20/17 @ 6:51 AM
mvanhank222
User since 12/16/13

What’s the rated max drag and how hard are you pulling also the braid question is a good one. Unbacked braided line will spin on the spool.

11/19/17 @ 4:56 PM
David Matysik
PRO MEMBER User since 6/9/10

If you put any of the new super braid lines on it did you put some kind of backing on first?

11/19/17 @ 12:39 PM
fishiz2
fishiz2
User since 7/1/03

Add another drag washer, you must take it apart.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE