I hate to admit this, but I am slightly mean to my fishing rods and by slightly, I mean I'm pretty terrible.
- Drive small car
- Must have gear = 3-4 rods (all spinning) + tackle bag with me at all times because I work close to a couple decent bass lakes and I need to go fishing during the day to clear my head of all the stupidity I deal with
- Rods are stored in my trunk, in two-pieces, individually wrapped with one-wrap (velcro stuff)
- Sometimes my rods get tangled (because I'm abusing them) and this is frustrating when I only have 45 minutes to fish at lunch or whatever
- Live in HOT, nasty and humid weather in summer; terrible awful weather in the winter
- I don't bring the rods into the office with me (for what I think ought be obvious reasons); but I also don't bother to bring them into the house when I get home (because I am LAZY, that's my only excuse)
- Am I killing my rods leaving them in the car all day everyday like I do?
- Would a rod sock be appropriate, even though they are broken down in two pieces?
- If I can't bring them inside the office - which I already know I can't and I really really really don't want to leave them at home, what can I do to help keep them safe from any weakening due to the extreme temperatures they are in all the dang time?
Thank God my dad has no idea how to work the internet, I would be in deep 'you-know-what' if he came across this shameful display of lack of respect here LOL.
All advice is welcomed and will be seriously considered.