LOGIN
Lake-Link

13 fishing black omen 2

3/15/18 @ 3:39 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

Wondering if anybody uses these? I picked one up in a store and it was light as heck. Just ordered a 6’10” medium lite on eBay for $86. Listed at $110 everywhere else. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/8/18 @ 6:22 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

my buddy uses these rods and loves then

4/6/18 @ 9:03 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

Ok I’ve had some time with this rod now and probably have 30 or so walleyes on it.  I’m happy with the purchase so far.  I’ve been using it for pitching jigs and ringworms on the Mississippi. 

3/20/18 @ 9:27 PM
BassWhacker
BassWhacker
User since 9/4/17

I wouldn't worry about it breaking. You're good, I've caught plenty of fish on these rods including larger northerns. I use a 2000 size reel on the spinning combo, had a 3000, definitely too big.

3/19/18 @ 4:03 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

Fishing was slow for me but I did catch one legal walleye with this rod. It didn’t break. Currently have a 30 size president on it but I think I’ll move down to the 25. The rod is too light for the 30. 

3/18/18 @ 8:33 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

Thanks bass That eases my fear of it breaking. I’ll be trying mine on the Mississippi this evening. 

3/18/18 @ 8:25 AM
BassWhacker
BassWhacker
User since 9/4/17

I have two of these rods. The medium light spinning 6'10, and a medium 6'10" casting. Sensitivity is very good for the price point. I have tried pulling some pretty heavy branches out of the river due to snags with the medium light and it has taken the abuse. Overall I'm satisfied with them and I think you will be too. A lot of the issues 13 was having with the omens were corrected with the omen 2, they are one of the best rods in that price point, up there with a dobyns fury.

3/16/18 @ 7:01 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

You’re right about the reviews. My buddy has one and has had good luck with it. I couldn’t believe how light it was compared to my fenwicks.  I’ll post back after I get some time with it. 

3/16/18 @ 3:06 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06

While I have never used one...I believe there are better rods for the $...I also think just one step up in rod quality makes a monsterous differrence...like most rods in that $80-115 range are like reliable honda civics (good, but basically unspectacular)...but for $150 you can get a ferrarri by comparison.

Just glancing at the reviews on tacklewarehouse shows only a handful of good reviews...the vast majority complain of rods broken in the first uses.

It would be interesting to hear your first hand experiences once you get the rod on the water....keep us posted with your opinions.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.