Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

looking for yellow lab pup for duck hunting

1/27/11 @ 7:22 PM
ORIGNAL POST
adubs
User since 12/4/06
I'm looking to get a pup, specifically a yellow lab, male. I live in Chippewa falls and don't mind driving to get the right one. I've done a lot of online research and want to spend around $1000 give or take a little. I'm primarily looking for a good duck dog. I'll do a little pheasant hunting but Im not specifcally looking for a good pointer. If you have a great duck dog and got it from a breeder in WI or MN let me know. This is a new endeavor for me and I'm not very well versed to be honest with all of the different designations all of these hunting breeders have so I'm looking for some testimonials from specific breeders and specific litters.

Thanks,

Adubs

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/27/14 @ 11:52 AM
adubs
User since 12/4/06
Thanks for the feedback guys, I called and talked to several breeders and a couple different professional trainers. After a lot of hours online and on the phone I put a deposit down on a litter from Kim Pfister (rainmakerlabs, stone lake WI) She is breeding her female Sugar JH with 4x GMPR HRCH, Rooster, MH, QAA (Torg's labs). They've produced two litters from this pairing already and I'd really like to have a Yellow lab with the "fox red" color to it. I'll have second choice from the litter in the spring behind kim if she decideds to keep one. There are a lot of great breeders producing excellent puppies to pick from. I was particularily impressed with a couple of them but at the end of the day I went with my instincts and chose this litter from Kim. It's going to be an even longer winter now!

Adubs

1/31/05 @ 11:32 AM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
User since 5/22/12
Field Of Dreams Kennels

I'd give Brad a call, they breed some awesome dogs! He has 2 planned breedings coming up, one with Grady and another with a Grady son named Chuck. I've personally trained with Chuck, he's an amazing dog and needs a win for his AFC title. The females he has are great dogs too and have some of the finest pedigrees you'll find anywhere.

10/21/14 @ 8:03 AM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11
We got our dog from fox river. He is the best lab we have ever had. Good drive for hunting and great family dog.

http://www.foxriverretrievers.com/

http://www.waterdogspecialties.com/

10/21/14 @ 7:44 AM
fiddler
User since 12/2/09
Give Duck Creek Retrievers a Call 262-358-0553 They have some yellows on the way. Great hunters and family dogs. They are between Milwaukee and Madison.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.