Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Help figuring out what my dogs may have gotten into

9/3/14 @ 4:07 PM
ORIGNAL POST
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
I had my 2 dogs in the yard with me while I was turning over dirt and planting grass. They were doing as they normally do running around with their toys..which were getting the dirt on them. I did fertilize that part of the yard a while ago and they have been in that area before now.

They both drank from a bucket that had rain water in it.

one dog vomited and had grass in it ,I wasn't too surprised....shortly later the other did too. No grass in it but did have a small plant of some kind. As of now they are acting normal , I just can't figure out what made them both vomit? The water wasn't scummy...could it have been the newly turned dirt that they got in their mouths from the toys??

Thanks for any ideas.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/14/14 @ 8:07 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
Thanks for the ideas....I took my 8mo old to the vet that evening. He kept vomiting as the day went on. Doc thinks it was some bacteria in the water....held their food for a day and all went back to normal.

I've seen the too much water stuff with my adult shepherd...he literally stuffed himself with lake water, before I realized how bad it was he had a stream of water coming out his rear. Kinda scary.

9/12/14 @ 12:41 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
At least they threw up whatever made them sick. My Airedale ate a pack of 25 balloons 20 minutes before we closed on our new house a couple of weeks ago. Thank God my son found the bag and told us. That would have been an obstruction surgery to the tune of a couple grand.

FYI, if your dog ever eats something that they shouldn't have, pour a couple of tablespoons of 3% hydrogen peroxide down their throat. Works like a charm. We recovered all 25 balloons.

9/12/14 @ 9:46 AM
Foundry Rat
User since 1/21/10
I know it's a little late now but... It could be a simple case of drinking to much, too fast, too soon after exorcizing. My dogs often do that after a hard hunt.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.