SEARCH
MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

Yellow lab pup not AKC

5/8/21 @ 7:32 AM
INITIAL POST
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Looking to replace our 13 year old girl  we recently had to say goodbye too. She was a great hunter and family dog and best friend and she came from a friends litter that just wanted another pup of his own, no papers or fancy breeder. Looking for another like this that dosent break the bank. It seems like dogs have gotten way out of hand with some into the thousands of dollars. Looking for a light or white yellow lab female. Thanks.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
5/19/21 @ 6:07 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Thanks. Now we are experiencing the highs and lows of training.

5/19/21 @ 12:36 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Congratulations!!! glad you found your new family member. Our family is getting a new member next week.

5/15/21 @ 2:08 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Thank you for all the help and suggestions. We found our new puppy today at Hooverhaus adoption.

5/12/21 @ 3:46 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

I have paid top of the line dollar for dogs over my years one of the best labs I have ever had I paid 300 for. She will play fetch until you quit she isn't quitting first. She was 100% house trained in a month. Hunts hard and never gives up on a bird. Her only issue is she is scared of the dumbest things. But not guns. She was a impulse kids dog but I like to think she is mine. You get what you pay for doesn't always apply.   

5/12/21 @ 1:19 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/03

percheye, I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. I do think some of the prices you see out there are justified (even the $1500 and over prices), but there are some very reasonable and reputable breeders around too.  Being an AKC registered pup doesn't really change the price of a dog, but Titles will. Such as Junior Hunter, Master Hunter and AFC.  Check out Hillside Labradors on Facebook, they are in Nekoosa. My black lab came from their Shadow and Coda breeding.  Very reasonable prices (I can tell you what I paid privately) and my black lab Dahlia is seriously the smartest dog I have ever worked with.  Two friends and my sister also have dogs from Molly at Hillside.  I believe they have a black and yellow litter ready to go.  Attached is a pic of Dahlia.  If you need Hillsides number I can send it to you.  

Yellow lab pup not AKC photo by Greenheads4Ever
5/12/21 @ 8:54 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Perch, There’s a male pup at Petland in Jainsville I saw just a few minutes ago.

5/11/21 @ 5:21 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Thanks if anyone hear's or see's a litter coming up we are looking for something June 12 or after. 

5/8/21 @ 8:41 AM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

Maybe check the animal shelters in the area, HAWS in Waukesha and Lakeland Animal Shelter in Elkhorn are just a few tht come to mind. My daughter & son-in-law found their "lab mix" at HAWS a few years ago. It has become a great hunter and family friend. Win win for them and the dog, Max.

Good luck

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE