MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

Weimaraner Breeders and Started Dogs

3/4/19 @ 1:02 PM
INITIAL POST
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07

Our Weimaraner will be 12 in October.  She still gets it done but It may be time to bring a new dog into the house in the next year or two.  This time around, I'd like to go with a started or even finished dog.  The kids are all away at college and I don't have the time to work with the pup on my own.  

Anyone out there know a reputable breeder that might also offer started dogs for sale?  Preferably in the Wisconsin area.  

Thanks.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
1/20/21 @ 2:17 PM
foosdog
foosdog
User since 12/19/01

I realize the post was old, but still relevant.

1/20/21 @ 2:16 PM
foosdog
foosdog
User since 12/19/01

Try Anne https://www.weimaranerbreeders.org/touchstone-weimaraners/

Nynette hunts her dogs https://www.facebook.com/nynette.ochoa/about

You really couldn't go wrong with either of these ladies. 

4/27/19 @ 3:40 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07

I contacted Diane.  Twice.  No response.  Plenty of breeders with puppies but no started dogs.  Bummer. 

3/10/19 @ 9:38 PM
Grouse Addict
User since 10/1/06

Contact Diane Vater, you can find her on Facebook. She is a highly respected pro that campaigns Weims across the US and usually runs in a couple Wisconsin trials. 

3/9/19 @ 11:54 AM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07

True.  Trying to find a Weimaraner worth a damn in the field is hard.  Plenty of show stock but little to speak of in the field.  Our Weimaraner is amazing.  Incredible prey drive, hunts close in the grouse woods, steady to shot and she is incredible at retrieving dead birds to hand.  She is slowing down and Im not sure I can hunt her much longer without risking her health.  

I love the breed and want to stick with it.  

3/7/19 @ 8:34 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

I think it'll be tough to find a started/finished weim...they're not a very popular gun dog.  You may want to check w/ the guys on Upland Journal.

Good luck!

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE