Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Looking for Hunting Dog Trainer in NE Wisconsin

7/15/21 @ 10:57 AM
ORIGINAL POST
bs4u00
USER SINCE 6/8/05

Looking for trainer recommendations for my lab.  She is a 1.5 year old pointing lab. I've looked all over for a pointing lab trainer, but cannot find any availability in WI.  So I'm contemplating a retriever/hunting trainer, hopefully within 2-3 hours of Green Bay.  

Thanks in advance.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/29/21 @ 8:38 PM
Its all G
USER SINCE 10/29/09

Try Mike Vaughn at The Blast Wingshooting kennels. In Aniwa dedicated trainer and all around great guy. Very successful 

7/23/21 @ 2:06 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Last year, I worked with a trainer who happens to be a professional grouse guide.  Sherman Bishop out of Phillips. Has an entire farm and training field setup. My setter was a year old at the time.  Sherman trains all kinds of dogs but mostly pointing breeds. He asked a lot of questions about what I wanted my pup to do and how I hunted. He uses a gentle approach so it takes a little longer. She came back steady on birds and whoa broke. He is a good guy and he did a great job with her.  His number is (715) 563-2266.  Might be a little further out than you want to go. 

7/22/21 @ 8:03 PM
Musky99
USER SINCE 8/8/11

Try Field of Dreams kennel north of Appleton.

7/22/21 @ 8:39 AM
bs4u00
USER SINCE 6/8/05

tailsneyes, I've been training her, but I don't have the time to get her a little advanced.  I agree, 1.5 years is a little late.  I tried finding someone to work with her at 1 year old, but couldn't find a trainer within the state.  I think she still has potential to be trained further, as she is very trainable.

Riney, I gave Ron a call.  Just waiting for him to get back from vacation.  Thanks for the lead!

7/16/21 @ 9:55 PM
tailsneyes
USER SINCE 11/29/19

Mist pleasure you got is training your own. Asking at 1.5 years old seems a little late

7/16/21 @ 4:07 PM
Riney
USER SINCE 10/5/01

Try Thunderhead GSP's near Kewaunee.  Ron and Deb are great people and I believe Ron trains all breeds.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
With MEGA 360 Imaging, we didn’t reinvent the wheel. We redefined it, bringing the unmatched coverage of our 360 Imaging technology into the megahertz range for next-level detail. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.