SEARCH
MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

Looking for Hunting Dog Trainer in NE Wisconsin

7/15/21 @ 10:57 AM
INITIAL POST
bs4u00
User since 6/8/05

Looking for trainer recommendations for my lab.  She is a 1.5 year old pointing lab. I've looked all over for a pointing lab trainer, but cannot find any availability in WI.  So I'm contemplating a retriever/hunting trainer, hopefully within 2-3 hours of Green Bay.  

Thanks in advance.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
7/29/21 @ 8:38 PM
Its all G
User since 10/29/09

Try Mike Vaughn at The Blast Wingshooting kennels. In Aniwa dedicated trainer and all around great guy. Very successful 

7/23/21 @ 2:06 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07

Last year, I worked with a trainer who happens to be a professional grouse guide.  Sherman Bishop out of Phillips. Has an entire farm and training field setup. My setter was a year old at the time.  Sherman trains all kinds of dogs but mostly pointing breeds. He asked a lot of questions about what I wanted my pup to do and how I hunted. He uses a gentle approach so it takes a little longer. She came back steady on birds and whoa broke. He is a good guy and he did a great job with her.  His number is (715) 563-2266.  Might be a little further out than you want to go. 

7/22/21 @ 8:03 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

Try Field of Dreams kennel north of Appleton.

7/22/21 @ 8:39 AM
bs4u00
User since 6/8/05

tailsneyes, I've been training her, but I don't have the time to get her a little advanced.  I agree, 1.5 years is a little late.  I tried finding someone to work with her at 1 year old, but couldn't find a trainer within the state.  I think she still has potential to be trained further, as she is very trainable.

Riney, I gave Ron a call.  Just waiting for him to get back from vacation.  Thanks for the lead!

7/16/21 @ 9:55 PM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19

Mist pleasure you got is training your own. Asking at 1.5 years old seems a little late

7/16/21 @ 4:07 PM
Riney
Riney
User since 10/5/01

Try Thunderhead GSP's near Kewaunee.  Ron and Deb are great people and I believe Ron trains all breeds.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE