MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

LAB BREEDERS

1/24/19 @ 10:06 AM
INITIAL POST
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

We recently put our Black lab to rest.

Now in search of a new pup and want some recommendations for breeders.  (Prefer WI but will go elsewhere).

Looking for a dog that is both a good family dog and is a good hunter.

I did look back thru older posts but some are several years old.

Thanks!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts
12/31/20 @ 12:58 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

My previous Lab was from Thunder Labs. One of the greatest dogs I've owned. Passed way too young at 8 of lung cancer.  My current pup came from Fields of Dreams. He's two now and awesome in every way.

12/30/20 @ 9:12 PM
Tuck1212
User since 12/8/19

Thunder labrador in Edgerton i have a 3 year old yellow male great bird and family dog worth every penny

12/27/20 @ 10:56 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

We got our current lab from Field of Dreams in Black Creek, WI.  He is our third lab and by far the best lab have ever had.  Great family dog and a great bird dog.

When we brought him he was already whistle trained to go out side for a bathroom break.

12/27/20 @ 7:29 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

Duckdog

The lady who owns my lease land,  breeds purebred Goldens. 

She's a great lady & really cares for her dogs!

Matter of fact,  i believe she has 4 puppies left now.

P.M. me if y would like more information. 

Big Mac 

2/12/20 @ 2:51 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

I've gotten dogs from big name kennels and some cheap farm pups. I have been lucky and unlucky with both. Last month had to put down lab at 6 that came from a highly respected kennel. Have 2 great labs still. One is a farm pup we paid $300 for that we got basically for the kids. That dog is the best hunter and family dog I have ever owned. Was 100% house broke in few months. To each their own, I see both sides of it.  

2/12/20 @ 12:47 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Trying to save a few hundred bucks would be the LAST thing I'd consider in choosing a kennel/pup.

2/5/20 @ 7:30 PM
BIGWOODS HUNTER
User since 9/17/09

We are picking up our second pup from soggy acres in less than a month! My first from there is a great bird and family dog. 

2/5/20 @ 2:56 PM
god lover
User since 4/27/08

Have had many Labs all Hunters, By far with our experience is Marsh Manor Labs in Indiana  fantastic place

2/5/20 @ 10:57 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Thanks Fishhound I'm not on facebook myself but use to be able to see her page anyway till recently. I was afraid her health or something must to have happened.

2/5/20 @ 8:06 AM
3rdmitch
User since 1/23/15

Kyle Henson at DairyLand Retrievers Just north of Middleton Interweb or facebook Has nice dogs with all health clearances

2/4/20 @ 5:51 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

on Facebook:

Erin's Edge Labradors

January 10 at 2:55 AM · 

I am having health issues. Erins Edge is closed and I am retired. It is hard for me to answer messages. I thank everyone for support over the years, If you have questions about placement of my dogs and new puppies please contact.veterinary village 920-269-4000 my attorney [email protected], Please don't post anymore

2/4/20 @ 4:43 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Anyone have any idea whats goin on with Erins Edge. The website has been down for few weeks now as well as Nancy's facebook page.  

4/17/19 @ 2:22 PM
zeplure
zeplure
PRO MEMBER User since 2/11/02

If any one hears of a lab / Golden retriever mix (Goldador) please send me a message. I will have to be putting down my 2 Goldadors 1, at 6 years because of hip displaysha and the other because of age. I am on my 4th one of this mix and love how they are lab crazy in the field and golden slow in the house.

Thanks in advance

Dan 

2/13/19 @ 9:21 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I also recommend Field of Dreams Kennels or at least that blood line.  My old dog was from here,  new one from their stud Finn.

I spoke with Erin's Edge,  I have no opinion really,  but I didn't go with them.

One other breeder that is highly regarded,  small breeder,  one maaaybe two litters a year,  is Preston Labs out of shawano.  Great dogs,  great lines,  tests, 3 health hips/eyes, super people.

http://www.cprestonlabs.com/  They use Field of Dreams for studs.  My current dog is from here.

I think any kennel that is doing the genetic testing for EIC and hips and eyes is probably a good kennel.  if a dog sucks,  it's not because of the dog or breeder,  a dog only learns through training and repetition.  If you train and spend time with a dog,  mutt or pure bred,  it will be a good,  well mannered dog.  If you are inconsistent and don't spend time with it,  it will not be what you are hoping for.

My dog is an intact male,  he doesn't hump things or roam because i trained him to know that's NOT ok behavior. He doesn't mark every tree because i trained that out of him.

There are A LOT of myths when it comes to dog breeds,  dog training and dog behavior.

2/12/19 @ 7:33 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

Thanks for all the feedback, we are still looking and waiting.

Any feedback on ERINS EDGE?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE