LOGIN
Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

BLASTO

12/15/14 @ 11:49 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
has anybody ever treated their dog for blasto, just looking for info and experiences that you may have encountered. thanks all for any help.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 29 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 1:34 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

I hope for the best lar!  Great looking pup! 

Horrible fungi disease. Our 11year old Lab beat it. Diagnosed at 1 years old. Fluconozole was treatment. She was on treatment meds for about a year or so. Worked great. 

She had infection and scarring in her right eye. Agressive steroid med's helped to restore most of her vision. Fast forward to present time. Glaucoma in her scarred eye but eye med's help relieve pressure. Noticable joint arthritis in areas that were blasto infected. Very loving and happy dog. 

Good luck with the fight lar. There is truly hope! 

3/27/20 @ 8:10 PM
lar
lar
User since 7/13/01

Update. We had his left removed on Monday. Today Friday he's back to his normal self. The blasto infected eye was causing a lot of pain. He's being treated with fluconazole.  After 3 months he will be evaluated again. They said to expect 3 to 6 months of treatment.

3/22/20 @ 5:51 PM
Winchester30
User since 10/20/12

Sorry to hear, man that sucks. 

Hope the recovery goes as well as it can. 

3/21/20 @ 9:27 PM
lar
lar
User since 7/13/01

My one year old male vizsla was just urine tested and came up positive for blasto. Have a pond and Creek in the backyard. At first they thought it was an eye infection in his left eye. Didn't get any better with treatment. So my wife took him to Madison. He lost vision in that eye. Detached retina from inflammation. Now being treated properly for the past week and seems to be responding. Sucky fungus to get.

10/1/19 @ 8:27 AM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/outdoors/4667803-Fungal-disease-ravaging-Minnesota-dogs-at-record-pace-this-year?fbclid=IwAR0nUgAdg94big6iEa_MDtohYalDXZHJr17Rn79S-mBC-6h8mPDqsLlVkV8

9/8/15 @ 10:30 AM
MallardAbuse
User since 11/18/04
It is from a fungus, not a virus.

9/7/15 @ 6:15 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
Wolf and Little Wolf has been a hot spot for blasto this year....never heard of the beaver thing. It's a spore that is inhaled.

9/7/15 @ 5:32 PM
lad 8
User since 5/4/08
Thought I would share. My 20 year old grandson went to the doctor for feeling that he had the flu, doctor told him he contacted Blasto. The family was on a raft trip on the Wolf out of New London, he went on land to go relieve himself. Will be on meds for more then six months. He said the doctor said he thinks the virus comes from Beaver urine. Anybody else hear of this happening.

5/11/15 @ 1:19 PM
Penquin42
User since 2/14/12
Tileguy,

It is most likely the Blasto made the dog go blind as it can commonly do that.

5/10/15 @ 7:01 PM
DoorTayOutdoors
User since 3/7/07
My friend had a black and tan coon hound get blasto in oconto county The medication made it go blind. Don't know for sure if it was the cause but thats what he told me

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 29 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.