LOGIN
Lake-Link

Where to go to catch 50+lb blues!

1/26/19 @ 8:27 AM
ORIGNAL POST
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
User since 10/9/12

Looking to tangle with big blue catfish. If anyone could point me into general direction that be great! Spots for shore or boat would be greatly appreciated. Tried finding leads on lake link fishing reports but everyone seems to not be posting? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/4/20 @ 5:31 PM
bottom bouncer
User since 9/3/02

Arkansas.....  This ones only 44 but there are lots of  'em

2/26/19 @ 7:15 PM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

Here you go guys! This is my friend today fishing Wheeler Lake catching his PB 85 lb blue cat. #Navionics Rocks!

2/26/19 @ 6:59 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I'll have to see how far that is. Thanks for the tip.

2/25/19 @ 11:56 PM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

What I recommend right now is Decatur, Alabama (Wheeler Lake on the Tennessee River). This is the time of year the big ones are biting. Many bank spot locations near the dams. Get the #Navionics app on your smart phone and tablet ($14.99) per year. Check it out and find a bank spot. Tight Lines to you. I know a guy down there now pounding them. 

2/25/19 @ 11:24 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Where could a guy go right now and have a shot at some blues, shore fishing. I think they're getting them on the Mississippi in deep water. I am willing to drive 9-10 hours if the right spots were accessible. Thanks.

2/1/19 @ 8:36 AM
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
User since 10/9/12

I feel ya on that one eyelooking tired of the long months of none catting lol.

1/31/19 @ 6:53 PM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

That is exactly why I am preparing to move to the State of Tennessee.

1/31/19 @ 3:45 PM
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
User since 10/9/12

I’d be driving don’t really want to drive more then 10hrs. But if I have to just might. 

1/30/19 @ 9:56 AM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

Blue cat fishing is my favorite. To bad Wisconsin does not have them. The closest blue cats from Wisconsin that I know of would be on the Mississippi River below the Keokuk,Iowa dam. The water that you are more likely to catch trophy blue cats would be just about anywhere on the Tennessee River. If you were to ask me where I would prefer to go, I would pick Wheeler Lake in Decatur, Alabama. Some of the biggest blue cats have been caught there and the Tennessee River runs through Wheeler. The Ohio River and Missouri River also have big blue cats. Contact me if you have any further questions and I like to help out of anglers when possible. Thanks!

1/29/19 @ 9:05 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

The locals in Kansas City area told me the Missouri in that area is thick with 40-60 lb blues.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.