MORE
Catfish Fishing

Stink bait!

7/4/20 @ 6:13 PM
INITIAL POST
Catitude
Catitude
User since 9/4/17

Crawdaddy has been gracious enough to share his Berkeley Punch with several folks, but it is no longer available.  Triple S is great but impossible to get after season starts the crap that is left at Fleet Farm will not even attract flies.  What are our options for stink bait during the summer?!?!

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
4/10/21 @ 10:43 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

Lots of guys like using Sonny's stink bait.  I guess it's now called Triple S.  Something with the owners kids caused a rift. If your in the area D and S Bait in Madison has a ton of it.  I was there today for their customer appreciation event. 

9/1/20 @ 10:56 AM
Catitude
Catitude
User since 9/4/17

This is how a couple of us make tubes.  You can buy them but are terribly expensive.  These cost just pennies.  Use surgical, physical therapy or any latex tubes.

Making Catfish Tubes

9/1/20 @ 8:23 AM
Catitude
Catitude
User since 9/4/17

Between the dams here in Stevens Point AKA "Catfish Corridor" stink bait works great when the water is warm.  Spring and fall cut bait is the king, if water is too cold the stink does not drift downstream.  I bought some Triple S online after watching Litguy get 3 to one on me.

8/30/20 @ 6:44 PM
betterthanwork09
betterthanwork09
User since 8/28/15

Where I fish had pretty good luck on crawler and dead minnows but never messed with stink bait.  Any suggestions for how or what to get started with

7/5/20 @ 9:37 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I bought a 3 gallon bucket of Triple S online. I bought it from Zeiner's. They are currently out too, so I would suggest buying it in the fall or spring when it's available. It's $100 for a bucket. My 3 gallon bucket will last me 3-4 years. Stores very well and has a nice tight lid. I use a 1 gallon bucket/lid to keep smaller amounts in for fishing. If you do the math it's 50% cheaper to buy in bulk.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE