MORE
Catfish Fishing

Hot spots in Southeastern Wisconsin

8/16/20 @ 9:51 AM
INITIAL POST
Hollery
User since 8/16/20

Hi everyone,

New to lake link and looking for suggestions on good catfish spots. My 12 year old nephew loves fishing and wants to catch a big boy. All set up with catfish rigs and injured shad bait. Live in Walworth county but open to going anywhere in southeastern Wisconsin. Thank you in advance and happy fishing!

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
9/24/20 @ 7:56 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Used to do good fishing from shore on the Fox River in Kenosha County.  The best bait ever that I learned from someone is ground hamburger on a treble hook. Be careful when casting or it will fall off. Your normal catfish baits will work as well, hotdogs, stink bait etc. 

9/23/20 @ 8:44 PM
thatbassguy
PRO MEMBER User since 1/20/09

The Fox River has potential for some decent fish.  I have never caught anything big there, but had a good fish on upstream of Tichigan lake once.  It ate a bluegill head, so it was most likely a catfish or snapping turtle.

As @svitreum mentioned, the rock has a ton of good spots, and potential for a real donkey.

Also, Wind Lake has big channel cats, but I never figured out a consistent way to catch them.

8/17/20 @ 10:45 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

If you have a boat, I would recommend the Rock River anywhere around the Fort Atkinson area, to include Lake Koshkonong. I generally focus on the deeper holes when targeting big cats and target snags/laydowns next to shore for eaters. If you are shore bound there are many places in town to shore fish.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE