LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wabigoon Cast & Blast 2019

12/30/18 @ 3:50 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

Hi All

As the sports show season starts up we figured it would be a good time to start looking for a fall musky and grouse combo for Sept small game opener. 

We are looking pretty hard at Wabigoon because of the Musky fishing along with grouse hunting on crown lands. 

I'm not sure how these resorts handle hunting dogs but the list currently includes following resorts.

Indian Point Camp, Merkels Camp & Hubers 

Your thoughts and/or recommendations are appreciated

Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/6/19 @ 9:48 PM
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

After speaking with number of resort owners on and adjacent to Lake Wabigoon we decided to book with Indian Point Camp. We found the owner to be extremely friendly and outgoing. Our review suggests the cabins are very nice and the owner have a very sensible dog friendly policy. 

I searched Lake Links posts associated with Lake Wabigoon and Lake Dinorwic and it appears at least one Lake Link member has a grudge against one of the resorts and has posted numerous comments alleging the water of these lake are mercury contaminated. These allegations are patently false. The source of the pollution is located down stream of this lake complex and is further separated by a dam. Feel free to refer to the many online reports published by Ontario as the move to address the issue in the Wabigoon River. 

Thanks

1/10/19 @ 11:32 PM
mikegr
User since 2/18/17

Indian point camp is dog friendly

12/30/18 @ 5:26 PM
Inukshuk
User since 10/29/09

Stop by and see me at the All Canada Show in Green Bay and I will give you all of the information you need to have a great time at Merkel's Camp 

I've got many years of travel to the area. You will enjoy yourself. Don't forget about crappies. An excellent fishery for those too.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.