Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Reindeer Lake Saskatchewan

1/22/14 @ 7:58 PM
ORIGNAL POST
packerboy1
User since 1/22/14
We have 4 guys looking to fish out of one of the camps on Reindeer lake and are looking for any feedback on your experiences there. As you know these are very expensive trips and we are asking for your help in selecting the right camp. We want to target large pike and have some good walleye action as well. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/10/14 @ 9:56 AM
packerboy1
User since 1/22/14
Our group had a great trip to Reindeer Lake, the fishing, accommodations, and the weather were all fantastic. If you stay at Arctic Lodge be sure to ask for a guide that has several years of experience at Arctic Lodge, some of the newer guides weren't as familiar with the "hot spots". We targeted big pike and were not disappointed as every person in our group caught several trophies of 40" or bigger. Some caught on fly rods. The biggest in camp was 49" and all pike were thick and heavy, my 42" fish was easily 25 pounds. Lake trout were easy to catch via trolling with spoons and cranks. We did this when wanting to take a break from casting. While our group didn't land any trophies, those at camp that targeted them landed several with the biggest around 40 pounds. The walleyes tend to be scattered and we found them near rivers flowing into the lake when we wanted them for shore lunch. Once found, they were easy to catch on white twister tails or sluggos. #5 size mepps spinners with no hair or paint on the blades and a small white or yellow twister were the ticket for big northern pike. These outproduced cranks and spoons by a long shot. Trout on the other hand loved the spoons and cranks. The staff, facilities and food were all first class for such a remote location. We will be going back.

6/10/14 @ 8:40 PM
packerboy1
User since 1/22/14
Just heard the ice went out on Saturday, so I guess we are good to go. A report will be forthcoming in a few weeks. Very pumped to fish Reindeer lake.

2/2/11 @ 9:48 AM
packerboy1
User since 1/22/14
Thank you for your feedback. We have decided to go to Arctic Lodges since the transportation seems to be the easiest for my friends coming in from Virginia. We are flying in to the lodge on June 20th and i hope the ice is out. I will report back with our experiences. Hopefully we can find a few of those 50" pike.

5/11/14 @ 3:15 PM
sanclemente
User since 5/11/14
I have fished Reindeer lake's Lawrence Bay Lodge in mid-August for several years. We fly into Saskatoon and drive to Southend where the Lodge's float plane picks us up. The pike and Laker fishing is great. We've caught several pike of 50" or more. The lodge's cost is reasonable.

SanClementeBob

1/23/14 @ 8:19 AM
Sidge
Sidge
User since 12/19/02
Packerboy1. I have fished Reindeer Lake in years past and had a great time. Our group of 8 has always gone to Reindeer Lake Trout Camp. It is a lodge that you boat about 20 miles to and has very good cabins, boats, motors and guides. I would suggest you do go with a guide because with over 5500 islands it is very easy to get lost of turned around plus the lake is about 220 miles long and sometimes it takes an hour to get to fishing spots. Reindeer is more known for large northern and lake trout. You can get walleyes but 90% of the people fish northern and trout. Reindeer Lake Trout camp is on the southern end of the lake near deep bay. Also Lawrence Bay lodge is good but a bit more $$$. Stay away from Nordic Lodge as this is based off the mainland near the town of Southend and is lower in quality with regards to cabins, boats, motors and fishing. Here are the links to Reindeer Lake Trout Camp and Lawrence Bay Lodge. Any questions just ask.

http://www.troutcamp.com/

http://www.lawrencebay.com/

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.