MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Just found out I'm not going next week.....

5/18/14 @ 7:12 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishinmedic
User since 4/5/05
My brother called me yesterday around noon to cancel for next week. He was the last of 4 total. I'm pretty bummed out to say the least. I look forward to this trip as I'm driving back the previous year. Good luck to all that go, and please update with reports and pic's.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/18/14 @ 9:03 AM
fishinmedic
User since 4/5/05
Nakina Ontario. Pencocks Tourist Service. Small outfit, but the cabins are clean, warm, and dry. Theres two 8k acre lakes connected by a river to fish at camp, and he has boat caches on numerous lakes in the area. I got one offer from a buddy to head to LDML in June, but my vacations need 3-4 month lead times. Our group was pretty big and has dwindled over the last few years. It's a cheap trip, but I think the drive has gotten to some of the orginal crew. With work and family commitments, I've been limited to seriously fishing to this trip only for the last 5 years. I used to be pretty hard core. Now I just look forward to one good week of fishing a year.

5/18/14 @ 8:45 AM
Walleydreaming
Walleydreaming
User since 8/5/08
Dang. Fishing has always been good for us in July and early August. Never been able to go up in May/June because of work. We usually go middle of July to first week in August. They are deeper but the weather is nice and the beer is always cold and the fish always taste good. Maybe you can catch on with a new crew. Our crew has evolved over the years. Only 3 consistent people for 10 years. 12 was the most we ever took. I like it better small. We now have kids in the mix which is a lot of fun. I am sure there r others on Lake Link looking to partner up. Heck I would offer a spot but we are in a tiny cabin with 6 of us. I feel your pain. Pinepoint charges by person (lac Des mil lacs) is where we go. Maybe they could find something. Bill, Kris and Kevin are most helpful. Where do you usually go?

5/18/14 @ 8:05 AM
fishinmedic
User since 4/5/05
It was down to just him and myself. I would have no problems doing 3 in a boat. We've done it most years. I'm pretty much in shock right now. Crying

5/18/14 @ 7:38 AM
Walleydreaming
Walleydreaming
User since 8/5/08
I would be going crazy. I spend the entire year thinking about my week in Canada. No way you can fish 3 in one boat? We have been fishing 3 in a boat for the last 10 years up there. It can be done. Sorry to hear your trip is scrapped. I wouldn't be able to sleep if that happened to me. Depending on where you live, maybe you could find some new fishing waters to try and make an adventure out of it. Fishing anywhere is better than most anything else that I can think of. Picture is from Northern Wisconsin Muskie fishing with suckers. Never thought that sounded like much fun until I saw a muskie grab one and take me for a ride.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.