Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Ice out 2018

4/9/18 @ 9:01 AM
ORIGNAL POST
wini
User since 3/27/06

Starting to feel uneasy about when ice will be out. Long range forecast indicates we will still be making ice for a few weeks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/14/18 @ 9:09 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Zoom Earth shows the same picture of a lake I am interested in. What am I doing wrong? I thought it changed daily.

5/10/18 @ 2:15 PM
Fisher Joe
User since 5/7/18

Hello, I am tracking lakes about 50km south of Chapleau. I am using zoom earth as well and showing lakes in the area as all white still.  May 6th was the last day I could check due to cloud cover.

I am heading up next Friday from Southern Michigan.  It would be great if anyone can provide better information.  I have been tracking WaWa lake on this link.  The lake started showing really good signs of breaking up about three days ago.

I really have no idea how fast lakes clear as I do not usually head up until early June.

http://wawa.cc/tourism/live-webcams

5/10/18 @ 10:16 AM
Remi
User since 3/23/05

I really like using the Zoom Earth.

Link below, you can zoom in and out, change the days, just need to find your lake and day without clouds.

https://zoom.earth/#55.516192,-101.417542,9z

Also enjoy reading the Ice Patrol stuff.

5/10/18 @ 7:22 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Prov- We are flying in the first week of June..Have fished four lakes thru the Clarks and each trip has been great.  

5/9/18 @ 6:56 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Any trip with Clarke's will be outstanding.great operators.iam headed out tomorrow for some lake trout.of course it' been in the 80,s but tonight -2.be a cool ride in the morning.have a great trip.when you headed in.g

5/7/18 @ 4:47 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Prov1800-  Thanks for the update.. Our group is looking forward to our yearly trip with the Clark's. Kapikik Lake this year. We had outstanding fishing last year and look forward to another fun trip..

5/7/18 @ 1:28 PM
Prov1800
User since 5/7/18

Don' have anything to worry about.big lakes almost all open.some floating ice but should be gonectodsy with 26c temps and more wind.vermilion bay wide open. 

5/3/18 @ 1:45 AM
davikingssuck9
User since 4/15/14

He's actually predicting may 11th now

5/2/18 @ 8:26 AM
PotatoesAuJoe
User since 5/2/18

If you're dying to know day-by-day ice-out conditions in Canada, check out this site created by a pilot in Kenora.  He photographs and analyzes the ice-out conditions on Lake of the Woods on a daily basis  Some fascinating stuff here.  Current estimates for ice-out are somewhere between May 15-18.

https://icepatrol.wordpress.com/

8/1/17 @ 1:09 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Always hard to predict ice out.but generally it' always out or there' enough open water somewhere.shorelines are pretty weak.so it' s good start.ice is starting to turn black.we have some predicted rain coming and some more warm weather.so those two factors are deadly on ice.still have 3 weeks to go.ive stopped ice fishing this week.not worth taking a chance.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.