SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Good perch lakes in ontario

1/15/18 @ 7:12 AM
INITIAL POST
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I am looking for a good perch lake. Walleye and northern is fine too. We have been doing Whitefish lake for a few years and it needs a break. Let me know if there is anything descent up here if you could please. Thanks

Displaying 11 to 16 of 16 posts
1/16/18 @ 9:20 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

25 yrs ago went to Lake Of The Woods near Baudette. Super jumbos . The Locals? Hated them and threw them on the ice! Naturally I picked them up. Most were grubby but that’s what a fillet knife is for. Stopped at a local bait shop and Lo and Behold! The owners were from Big Bend!  They said that most of the fish in LOW were caught on gold jigs. They were right!   No problem catching limits of 10”-14”  Saugers and Walleyes under 2#. I also saw 2 pike in the 20 lb range.

1/16/18 @ 3:26 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

no problem, if you decide to go that route just shoot me a message and I will help you out if possible...we always went the 3rd week in June. Other than 2017 I was there the 15 years prior....good luck....hope you find a good place.....

1/16/18 @ 6:54 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Thanks. Any info is appreciated. Just trying to find something different. I'm looking into anything that has perch and walleye for sure. Crappie would be great also.  

1/15/18 @ 3:53 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

I have been to Cedar Lake numerous times...Cedar Lake Camp, Perrault Falls, ON. CA is where we happened to stay every time (there are other places)...we didn't fish perch but caught a lot of them by accident...there were other groups that did fish for them and were successful...we went mainly for the pike, walleyes, and crappies...big crappies..it is also a small mouth factory for a change of pace...it is located 30 miles north of Vermillion Bay....just a suggestion, and only body of water I have fished in Canada in recent years.

Displaying 11 to 16 of 16 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE