LOGIN
Lake-Link

God's River Brook trout

9/27/17 @ 4:40 PM
ORIGNAL POST
tomasz20
tomasz20
User since 11/25/16

If anyone is looking into a brook trout trip I recommend the amazing views, rapids and big trophy brook trout in the gorgeous God's River located in Northern Manitoba. 23.5 inch, 22,5, 22, 20.5 and 20 inch brook trout are the highlights of this video. We mostly use shallow divers such as a xraps or small spoons such as little cleos. We cast into the fast rapids and work around each boulder and eddy. The God's River is easily accessible from Elk Island Lodge. A scenic flight on the beaver makes the day at the river that much more of an experience. Thank you for watching.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/13/17 @ 1:24 PM
HotPockeT
User since 3/18/11

We get some nice ones like that up on lake nipigon also when we go end of june.

10/1/17 @ 1:16 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

Not hybrids...pure brookies.  They have very little fishing pressure and a perfect growing environment.  Cold water, lots of it, plenty of food.  Keep in mind you don't catch the pigs on every cast...smaller ones in between.  23-1/2" like in the video is as big as I'd ever seen up there...nice fish.  Colors in the video were not as deep and dark as when I was up there, but the colors change a little by season.

God's river fielded the world record brookie back when i was going up there in the 80's.

The river sections we caught them in was very different than the video.  We were jigging holes 10-18 feet deep on the bottom-side of some very large rapids (too big to navigate in a 16' aluminum boat for sure).  

9/29/17 @ 2:17 PM
Woods-N-Water
User since 9/17/16

Are those hybrids of some sort?  Those are monster brookies.

9/29/17 @ 10:20 AM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

Glad to see the Brookies are still around.  In the late 1980's I went to the Island Lake Lodge 3-4 times and caught the one in the pic...my dad has two on his wall as well.

We accessed a river from Island Lake that I was told was a feeder to the God's River, source of the world record brookie?

Anyway, wouldn't keep this fish now with C&R being the rage.  5/8 lead-head jig with a big twister tail.  Never knew if you were getting a walleye, whitefish, pike or a brookie in the sections we were fishing.

Sorry about the dust on the mount...it's 30 years old...fish was 22-1/2".

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.