LOGIN
Lake-Link

Eagle Lake Reports

8/20/16 @ 8:17 AM
ORIGNAL POST
reddemon71
reddemon71
User since 5/28/16

Going up in a few weeks, How's the fishing?

Bait/lures using?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/6/18 @ 7:13 PM
Rizzo22
User since 1/23/04

Bugle Trout,that is the same pattern that I heard also.5-15 ft. Of water is the go to depth unless they have a very early spring and they move deeper already.I will be at Vermillion Bay lodge,maybe I will bump into you up there.

2/4/18 @ 4:58 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I'm going to be there the same week.  I have guides lined up for most of the week but have been doing a bunch of research myself. Sounds like there are many creeks feeding into the lake and those areas are good spots to fish in spring.  There should also be shallows that have new cabbage growth and those beds hold fish too.

I met up with the owner of the lodge we're going to at the All Canada show. I asked him about bait sizes and colors and what type of structure we'd be fishing most of the time we're there.  He said to be prepared to fish in as little as 2' and as deep as 10'.  On a bright, sunny, calm day we may have to search a little deeper.

2/4/18 @ 2:45 PM
cle
User since 3/7/15

June 9th you will be fine . Spawning areas open June 1st.

2/4/18 @ 12:26 PM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Check the fishing regs for Eagle.  Many areas do not allow fishing in the spawning areas until around 6-14.  Good luck up there

2/4/18 @ 11:27 AM
Rizzo22
User since 1/23/04

Going to be heading up to Eagle for the first time on June 9th.I know the walleyes will still be shallow but someone told me about their spawning grounds.Does anyone know what general area of the lake that would be?I don't see a river system feeding into this body of water for them to be coming out of.

10/3/17 @ 11:23 AM
willythewalleyekid
User since 1/23/02

Sounds like the lake is turning over in some sections now

9/7/17 @ 10:48 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16
We fish last week in August a couple years ago in Portage Bay. The mouth of bottle bay on both sides is very productive for smallmouth. (caught roughly 30 over 18 inches for the week with some other smaller ones mixed in) Used Rootbeer colored yamamoto fat baby craws or craw colored cranks. Big walleyes in the channel/narrows that lead from Portage down to main lake. We use lindy rigs with large minnows. Not sure how much water temp changes and its different each year. I could mark up a map and send it your way if you would like.

9/6/17 @ 12:25 PM
Mr Babs
User since 5/23/02

Heading up in a week for our annual fall trip on Eagle.  I mainly musky fish and my wife casts for smallmouth and we both try our hand at walleyes.We usually roam throughout the lake from Burnt Island through Portage Bay to Eldorado Bay.

Any updates or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mr Babs

8/5/17 @ 9:24 PM
Remi
User since 3/23/05

Fished out of Cedar Point Lodge from 7/29/2017 to 8/4/2017, I considered fishing excellent.  This was our first time on Eagle Lake, about my 20th trip to Canada, fishing started slow (big lake, it all looks so good for fishing), but things turned around after out Guide Trip day (our first full day on the lake).  It was wonderful conversation, and the guide showed us the How and Where for technique and places to try, boating lots of walleyes that day.  For the whole week 475 walleyes caught (if our count was accurate), and 2 northern pike, spending 12 hours per day fishing, water was 76 to 78 degrees on surface.  

I found the Cabin and services at Cedar Point Lodge, excellent, you can really see how they care about guests, helping at the dock, really appreciated helping my older Uncle out of the boat, we only had to fish, cook, eat, repeat.  Family run and all the staff puts service at the top.

7/28/17 @ 11:02 AM
Remi
User since 3/23/05
Headed up to Cedar Point Resort on Eagle Lake tomorrow. Getting excited, never fished it before.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.