LOGIN
Lake-Link

Border Crossing/After first offense DUI

6/8/16 @ 10:42 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Down2erth
Down2erth
User since 6/21/01

Other than the obvious issues with this, is there anyone that has actually done all the ground work as far as paperwork, immigration attorney, permits, and permission, and was cleared for passage into Canada, legally?

Time it took to accomplish, and at what cost?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/9/16 @ 9:38 AM
Down2erth
Down2erth
User since 6/21/01

Yeah, thanks guys. Hope I have about another good 10-15 in me yet, will probably split it up between Wi, Mn. Unless Canada changes it's ways or someone comes up with some better news here.

6/9/16 @ 8:43 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Do northern Minnesota, way cheaper. My neighbor can do almost 3 trips in a year for the price of 1 canadian trip.

6/9/16 @ 8:07 AM
Down2erth
Down2erth
User since 6/21/01

I'm a lil ticked off as well but more at myself than anything. Pisses me off how they treat you like a drunk'n loser, made it 56 years and had one bad night. Guess I don't care if I ever give them another dime but my pops 84 yrs. old and would have loved for me to take him up a few more times... That's what hurts... Between him and myself we have a combined 80 plus trips into Canada... I have heard you can jump through all the hoops and your still at the mercy of the border agent... Booked a resort on the Chip Flowage this year. f*%# em.

6/8/16 @ 5:20 PM
ResQ91
ResQ91
User since 4/3/05

I know for around $200 you can get a single free pass. Beyond that you will need to have the offense expunged from your record. As in it never happened.
I also know that 30 years from now, even if you get this done, they will continue to hassle you every time you cross the border. You will be asked to come inside, sit there for at least an hour, only to be told you are free to go.
They may allow you to enter, but they will be sure to remind you of the grand favor they are granting you to visit their country, spend a pile of cash and support their economy. Providing an income for many people with your money is evidently viewed as a great privilege to the CBSA.

Lil ticked off with them right now as you can tell.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.