Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Cedar Lake, Ontario

4/12/02 @ 8:09 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Poboy
User since 1/9/02
I am planning a trip to Cedar Lake in late June. I was wondering if any one has been there. Any suggestions? Patterns? Hot spots? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 903 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/20/20 @ 11:26 PM
HardcoreFishinMadman
User since 7/24/19

"Well since this years trip is out the window I hope next year has a lot of fish." We've talked about this a lot. Pretty much 19 months of extremely low fishing pressure to mostly none at all. How will this affect fish behavior? There has to be thousands and thousands of fish that were not harvested due to the shutdown. If  you know how to fish it's not hard at all to catch fish at Cedar but does this mean it might be even better for a year or two? We are counting the seconds to find out...

5/27/20 @ 8:35 PM
tacoma96
User since 2/23/15

Well since this years trip is out the window I hope next year has a lot of fish.

5/13/20 @ 11:13 AM
Buckskin
User since 5/19/04

I'm quite sure the border closure will be extended past May 21st, but that article has nothing to do with the border, basically stay at home order.  Here is article stating that it will likely go at least another month past the 21st.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/canada-looks-to-extend-u-s-border-closure-another-month-pm-says-talks-going-well-1.4937528?cache=yes%3FclipId%3D89531%3FclipId%3D89531%3FclipId%3D86116 

5/13/20 @ 10:37 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Here is the link for info on Border still closed till June .

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-s-state-of-emergency-extended-until-june-2-1.4935426

5/13/20 @ 9:51 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

We were just notified by our lodge that our June 21 trip is probably pushed back to July 21. The reason is they continued the border closure to June 2 and probably longer. Sorry it's not good news.

5/13/20 @ 9:36 AM
Buckskin
User since 5/19/04

Close to zero.  We have a Fly In planned end of July and I am running out of hope for that to even happen in this fear driven environment that we are in.

5/13/20 @ 8:37 AM
tacoma96
User since 2/23/15

We are supposed to cross the border at Ft. Frances on the 29th, what are the odds that's going to happen?

3/1/20 @ 1:57 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Fish it very often.I am a fishing guide guide and probably do 30-40 days there a season.As well as the other lakes in our area.

2/28/20 @ 3:59 PM
Husky Jerker
User since 2/27/20

fishguidealso thanks for the input, we are anxious for our initial visit.  I think we will be a mix of bringing our own boats and a couple of rentals.  Love the top water bite so that's good news.  We will attempt to break the lake down in chunks daily by boat so we get a quick overview and maybe develop a bit of a milk run after a few days.  Also hope that the guys can locate some walleye, perch and crappie - sounds like a nice diverse fishery.  We'll keeping checking back here as we'll want to gain as much knowledge pre-trip as possible.  Do you fish this body of water often?

Thanks again

2/28/20 @ 7:48 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

You will enjoy the fishing no matter which camp you stay at as Cedar has excellentmuskie fishing from one end to the otger as well as taking the trio into perrault lake.West end has the clearer water and gets stained as you go east.If you bring yòur own boats you could stay anywhere but if using camp boats than id say stay at clarks northern lights. Dont have to pay for a upgrade boat there and free bait. Muskies will be good with top waters as weed bite will be awesome.also need to fish reefs and a bit deeper as walleyes will be down deeper with water temps warmer.crappies are mainly in east end.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 903 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.