After trying to immerse myself in Northern Wisconsin trying to put the void that I miss as an outfitter in northern Ontario, I wanted to start a thread with what you miss!  

For me as an outfitter, it starts with the solitude and wilderness.  From the gravel under your feet, smells, sights and sounds, there is no comparison to the far north.  A couple of morning ago I was awoke by one of our dogs to a bear at the Bird feeder as dawn came up!  I watched her and it brought a smile and tear to my eye as the Bear baiting is truly what I miss the most.  Not the bugs, hours, sweat and struggles, but searching and setting baits, all the creatures that I encounter, the thrill of a true hunter and the success!  As I write I can see Tim's face as he walked up to Henry and I sweating like a bastard from the mile walk in 100 degree heat!  To hear the story of the hunt, then as we tracked, found and dragged him out, simply priceless that in my heart and mind can never be duplicated!  I could go on and on with Moose, Grouse, Ducks, people and so much more, but as I miss so much of the far north, I wonder what does anyone else miss!