SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

What Do You Miss!

8/7/20 @ 8:31 AM
INITIAL POST
Shad
User since 8/27/01

After trying to immerse myself in Northern Wisconsin trying to put the void that I miss as an outfitter in northern Ontario, I wanted to start a thread with what you miss!  

For me as an outfitter, it starts with the solitude and wilderness.  From the gravel under your feet, smells, sights and sounds, there is no comparison to the far north.  A couple of morning ago I was awoke by one of our dogs to a bear at the Bird feeder as dawn came up!  I watched her and it brought a smile and tear to my eye as the Bear baiting is truly what I miss the most.  Not the bugs, hours, sweat and struggles, but searching and setting baits, all the creatures that I encounter, the thrill of a true hunter and the success!  As I write I can see Tim's face as he walked up to Henry and I sweating like a bastard from the mile walk in 100 degree heat!  To hear the story of the hunt, then as we tracked, found and dragged him out, simply priceless that in my heart and mind can never be duplicated!  I could go on and on with Moose, Grouse, Ducks, people and so much more, but as I miss so much of the far north, I wonder what does anyone else miss!  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 41 posts
2/14/21 @ 12:13 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Awesome shorelunch spot 

2/14/21 @ 9:25 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

One of my favorite shorelunch pictures i have on a favorite spot on Eagle Lakes east end.

2/13/21 @ 9:06 PM
toughontrout
User since 12/21/20

I have a hat that reads: "CANADA, it's not heaven, but you can see it from there!" That's what I miss !

2/6/21 @ 10:59 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

Most of all, I miss a cold beer on a hard rock at lunchtime! While the new guys wash the dishes, ha ha. Man it’s cold outside!!!!!

2/6/21 @ 10:52 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

After a week without electricity and donating $5 to the camp tournament, I miss ice cream day.

2/6/21 @ 10:44 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

Canada prison labor camp. Making big ice cubes into little ones for cocktail hour. The inhumanity!!!! I miss that chore.

2/3/21 @ 1:37 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

I miss a good game of checkers.

2/3/21 @ 1:18 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

cooking and cleaning and the drive to work is more fun in Canada

2/3/21 @ 12:40 PM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

I miss sitting on the dock at dusk, glass of Jamison in one hand, a good cigar in the other, with a couple of great friends as the sun sets on the tree line. 

2/2/21 @ 3:50 PM
Bigpike1
User since 2/28/02

I miss sitting on the pit toilet. 

Actually my ass dont touch the seat

I miss 1.70 a liter gas

I miss $40 case beer. Then figuring out each bottle isnt even 12 ounces.

I miss admitting I had a dwi 25 years ago. Getting called inside. Then border agent telling me we have nothing on record for your dwi. All the while waiting 2 hours with no one else around. 

These are a few things I miss

2/2/21 @ 1:42 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

here all you guys.Just a totall bad situation.You guys all want to come to Canada and all i want is to have you up here.Miss the business and i coukdnt complain last year abiut all the road noise on Saturdays on Hwy 105 going past my house.lol.Miss seeing my regular guests and new groups that were booked.No one on the  lakes last year in some ways was a treat and told myself to enjoy it as might never happen again.Man was i wrong.Looks like ill get another chance.

2/1/21 @ 12:45 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I haven't done Canada in about 7 years.

I've been learning walleyes in the Bay and find that to be better fishing.  By far better fishing.  Bigger fish and more of them.

Now, scenery?  Yah, I miss how Canada looks.  I even miss how Canada smells. (Insert camp joke here.)  I miss having my dad up there and being his "guide" for the week.

But I'm good in Wisconsin.  Bought a little place up near the bay.  Suits me just fine.

I do not miss the ride back from Canada.  (Ride up is always easy.) I do not miss the border.  I don't miss the hassle of bringing home 4 smallish walleyes.  

When I go to Canada next, it will be a musky week.  

2/1/21 @ 6:20 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I miss the planning, packing and travel of the trip. I miss the fishing, the peace and quiet and the group back together telling stories over a few beers. Unloading the boat and leaving it in the same lake for a whole week. The fresh fish fries and talking to others in the fish cleaning house. Of course the ice cream. I do alot of the same here but it's just not the same. Hopefully we can get back up there this year. Time will tell.

1/31/21 @ 7:04 PM
zombi
User since 8/28/09

Scenery and as always....wildfires( day & night)

1/31/21 @ 6:57 PM
zombi
User since 8/28/09

Blue walleyes....

Displaying 1 to 15 of 41 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE