Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Travel updated (CORVID-19)

3/17/20 @ 7:15 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Josh Varickanickal
User since 2/8/19

For anyone travelling to Canada or planning to travel to a lodge/outpost this summer the situation is obviously evolving. We at CFF are hopeful that the measures being taken will help reduce the severity and spread of COVID-19. 

We will be posting updates for travellers to Canada in this thread. For the time being here is the link to the government of Canada public health website: 

[url]https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html[/url] 

Please exercise caution, protect yourself, and follow the directions of your respective governments and health agencies. 

For the time being the border closure does NOT apply to US citizens and hopefully with the measures being taken the spread of this disease will be reduced and contained allowing life to return to normal in time for the fishing season.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 63 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/12/20 @ 12:34 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01

Update from Ottawa is that the border closure will be extended thru July 20, then it will be revisited.  Sure as an outfitter we can try to jump thru the hoops, travel non-stop to our camp, then quarantine for 14 days in our lodge, and that means stay inside, not out putting in docks, fishing or any contact with people.

6/9/20 @ 7:17 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

A posting on another blog has a news article from Reuters that the US and Canada have agreed to keep border closed till end of July and then reevaluate again in late July. I don't believe that on August 1 they are going to open the border with no restrictions when 60% of people in Ontario don't want the border opened. August is two months away but I have put the rods and reels away till next June.

God luck stay Safe!

6/9/20 @ 6:52 PM
Mike C 2018
User since 8/31/18

Yes it is true, they are letting resort owner in as of yesterday.  I talked to my resort owners today and they said they're leaving for their camp next week.   May the good Lord be willing and the Canadian's get over their fear and open the border, we'll all be fishing soon....

6/8/20 @ 9:11 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

I have not heard that about resort owners being allowed access as of today. If that’s the case I am taking that as good news and one step closer to opening up. I was sending emails a couple weeks ago if I would be allowed access into Canada since I own property there and have work to do on my cabin. The answer I received was vague basically each border officer may have a different idea if my trip is essential or not but if I was allowed in I would have a required14 day quarantine period. Maybe I am dreaming But I am hopeful after June 21things start to open up and I can get some fishing in by the 4th of July!

6/6/20 @ 6:54 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

The owner of the resort I go to is still in Wisconsin.  He said he started the paperwork but it might take a week or two to get done.  He has no idea when normal crossing will be.  I was supposed to go at the end of July but it will probably be delayed. 

6/6/20 @ 6:34 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

I see on another blog that the border is open this coming Monday ONLY for Americans that own resorts in Ontario.

I was notified by the lodge that I go to, that my June 23 trip that was postponed to July 21is now rescheduled to August 11 "for sure".

Good luck!

6/4/20 @ 6:39 PM
doorman
doorman
User since 12/28/06

Thanks Shad!

Josh Canadian Fly In, any news or predictions?

6/3/20 @ 10:05 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01

We are outfitters and got word late this afternoon that the Premier of Ontario has pushed back any possible re-opening until at least June 30.  As the Prime Minister could over ride this, it does not look promising to say the least.  But look on the bright side, Bigger Fish and Bears next year!  And for those of you looking to get into the industry, there should be lots of opportunities!!

6/3/20 @ 5:04 PM
Jaypadg34
User since 5/8/20

Current rumors are that the small chance that border closures are relaxed, there would likely still be a mandatory 14 day quarantine.  I would think that would rule out 2020 for all Canadian vacations. Even those in August

6/1/20 @ 6:34 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Not good news!!!

Doesn't look good for travel soon. From a news report today they extended emergency rules another month to 30th of June in Ontario. They are only in phase 1 and it appears a ways to go to get to phase two. Cases keep climbing in Ontario.

I think our trip July 21 is not going to happen. Already moved back from June 23.

https://www.cp24.com/news/province-plans-to-extend-emergency-orders-until-june-30-1.4963128

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 63 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.