Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Travel updated (CORVID-19)

3/17/20 @ 7:15 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Josh Varickanickal
User since 2/8/19

For anyone travelling to Canada or planning to travel to a lodge/outpost this summer the situation is obviously evolving. We at CFF are hopeful that the measures being taken will help reduce the severity and spread of COVID-19. 

We will be posting updates for travellers to Canada in this thread. For the time being here is the link to the government of Canada public health website: 

[url]https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html[/url] 

Please exercise caution, protect yourself, and follow the directions of your respective governments and health agencies. 

For the time being the border closure does NOT apply to US citizens and hopefully with the measures being taken the spread of this disease will be reduced and contained allowing life to return to normal in time for the fishing season.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 58 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 3:43 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Guys

The border is not going to open anytime soon. Too much of a revival of the outbreaks. I am now concern about next May. I can see concern over the virus lasting a very long time. There will be some who worry for years. I see the possibility of some restrictions , even next year. Hope I am wrong. Miracles do happen.

7/7/20 @ 4:04 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I sent you a pm.

7/7/20 @ 2:50 PM
Mossy Horns
Mossy Horns
User since 6/15/01

Just talked to the Canada Border Agency. We all know that the current ban on leisure travel from US to Canada is in effect until July 21. They have implemented a "new" ban on foreign nationals entering Canada until Aug 31. This does not include Americans. This "new" ban also requires all that enter to quarantine for 14 days. I asked the border agent if this quarantine was for US citizens also. He said that yes it currently is. I asked him if the restrictions for US travel ends on July 21, will we have to quarantine.  He said he does not know.....

He said the following:

He only knows that the border from US is now closed until July 21

He said they are all assuming it will get extended because the past extensions were all based on the trends here in the US and as he sees it the trend continues to climb

He said if the border does open on July 21 there is nothing the says they will not impose the mandatory quarantine rules. 

In short...he does not know what will happen or what rules will be extended or implemented. His personal gut feeling is that the closure of the border will be extended.  

Needless to say. I canceled my aug trip today. Looking for places in wi now. 

7/7/20 @ 7:46 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

So what is the current situation on the border crossing?  I have not heard much in a week or so. What is the story some are saying about September 11th ? Any info would be great. Thanks.

7/2/20 @ 11:34 AM
flint fredstone
User since 4/10/12

Deerlake1 You are absolutely correct. I just got off of messenger with our lodge. They say if the border opens the quarantantine may be lifted as well. But no-one knows for certain. It is overly hopeful that any fisherman will be crossing in 2020. Thanks

7/2/20 @ 7:04 AM
Shad
User since 8/27/01

As we celebrated Canada Day with our friends to the north while in the US, it does not look promising at all to get across.  As their numbers up there have either stayed stable or gone up, and in the US we are at 50,000 a day, we are going the wrong direction.  Quarantine pushed to at least August 31, I think all will be lost.  

7/1/20 @ 11:44 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Flint

No set dates or patterns on extensions. Since I started following the border closure there will be a few leaks in the media and the rumors start flying about 4 to 7 days before they extend the closure again. Flint do you realize that any entry into Canada has a mandatory 14 day quarantine and that is in effect till August 31. Strictly enforced with RMCP doing follow up. The border is now closed till July 31.

I put my Canadian  fishing rods away till 2021. My trip was planned and canceled 3 times. 

7/1/20 @ 9:57 AM
flint fredstone
User since 4/10/12

Is there a day every month that the border closures are posted by CBSA? We have a July 25 booking at Branch's Seine River Lodge. Quent at Branch's has informed me they will refund BTW. Thanks

6/30/20 @ 5:09 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Canada extends 14 day quarantine till August 31, for visitors .

Border extended to July 31, for now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5632625

6/29/20 @ 3:32 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 58 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.