Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Travel updated (CORVID-19)

3/17/20 @ 7:15 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Josh Varickanickal
User since 2/8/19

For anyone travelling to Canada or planning to travel to a lodge/outpost this summer the situation is obviously evolving. We at CFF are hopeful that the measures being taken will help reduce the severity and spread of COVID-19. 

We will be posting updates for travellers to Canada in this thread. For the time being here is the link to the government of Canada public health website: 

[url]https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html[/url] 

Please exercise caution, protect yourself, and follow the directions of your respective governments and health agencies. 

For the time being the border closure does NOT apply to US citizens and hopefully with the measures being taken the spread of this disease will be reduced and contained allowing life to return to normal in time for the fishing season.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 54 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/2/20 @ 11:34 AM
flint fredstone
User since 4/10/12

Deerlake1 You are absolutely correct. I just got off of messenger with our lodge. They say if the border opens the quarantantine may be lifted as well. But no-one knows for certain. It is overly hopeful that any fisherman will be crossing in 2020. Thanks

7/2/20 @ 7:04 AM
Shad
User since 8/27/01

As we celebrated Canada Day with our friends to the north while in the US, it does not look promising at all to get across.  As their numbers up there have either stayed stable or gone up, and in the US we are at 50,000 a day, we are going the wrong direction.  Quarantine pushed to at least August 31, I think all will be lost.  

7/1/20 @ 11:44 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Flint

No set dates or patterns on extensions. Since I started following the border closure there will be a few leaks in the media and the rumors start flying about 4 to 7 days before they extend the closure again. Flint do you realize that any entry into Canada has a mandatory 14 day quarantine and that is in effect till August 31. Strictly enforced with RMCP doing follow up. The border is now closed till July 31.

I put my Canadian  fishing rods away till 2021. My trip was planned and canceled 3 times. 

7/1/20 @ 9:57 AM
flint fredstone
User since 4/10/12

Is there a day every month that the border closures are posted by CBSA? We have a July 25 booking at Branch's Seine River Lodge. Quent at Branch's has informed me they will refund BTW. Thanks

6/30/20 @ 5:09 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Canada extends 14 day quarantine till August 31, for visitors .

Border extended to July 31, for now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5632625

6/29/20 @ 3:32 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
6/21/20 @ 11:36 AM
Buckskin
User since 5/19/04

Bigpike, I believe you are probably right about timing, although influenza might be kicking in about then and COVID will not be gone.  Who knows how the powers at be will react about the border... My hunch is that a certain portion of the population will accept the current recommendations as permanent regarding social distancing and masks just like in China since H1N1. 

But the border has to open sometime and it will be interesting to see the justification of decision to open it vs their reasoning of keeping it closed now.  COVID levels probably won't be much different when that time comes...

6/20/20 @ 8:04 AM
Shad
User since 8/27/01

Yes lots of memories BigPike, and I hope for all they have been good as well.  As you wrote about Nipigon, it brought me a vision of driving thru that way enroute to our place.  The rock structures are very impressive to say the least!

6/20/20 @ 7:20 AM
Bigpike1
User since 2/28/02

I would be catching monster pike today if not for the border shut down. Thinking about it this a.m. It will be the first year in atleast 30 I didnt go on a fishing trip into Canada.  My younger years were filled with Quetico and all the huge smallys, Wally's, and a few trout mixed in and the past 21 years on Nipigon. Throw in a trip through the Canadian rockys, along with one through Vancouver and Vancouver Island. (I highly recommend Vancouver island  to anyone.  Just keep heading north once you get there! Bring your salmon poles) I do believe this will start to open up after the election. But if the virus doesn't go away who knows how long the Canadians will keep it shut. None of the statement is political in its context just what I believe to happen. I hope I am wrong 

6/19/20 @ 12:19 PM
Buckskin
User since 5/19/04

Looks like we were edited by the powers at be, I'm good with that!  Got a little out of hand... In my parting of this conversation, here is a helpful link from WHO for you guys that wear masks so it's done correctly.

https://www.who.int/images/default-source/health-topics/coronavirus/clothing-masks-infographic---(web)-logo-who.png?sfvrsn=b15e3742_14 

Wear them proudly and hopefully you will eliminate this virus so we can go back to Canada!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 54 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.