LOGIN
Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Travel updated (CORVID-19)

3/17/20 @ 7:15 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Josh Varickanickal
User since 2/8/19

For anyone travelling to Canada or planning to travel to a lodge/outpost this summer the situation is obviously evolving. We at CFF are hopeful that the measures being taken will help reduce the severity and spread of COVID-19. 

We will be posting updates for travellers to Canada in this thread. For the time being here is the link to the government of Canada public health website: 

[url]https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html[/url] 

Please exercise caution, protect yourself, and follow the directions of your respective governments and health agencies. 

For the time being the border closure does NOT apply to US citizens and hopefully with the measures being taken the spread of this disease will be reduced and contained allowing life to return to normal in time for the fishing season.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 39 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/21/20 @ 9:24 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

I've fished lake Erie twice and I am dying to go back.  Just about any time of year is a good time to go, but July is usually pretty good.  Most guys go out of Port Clinton, Ohio.  Lots of charters going out of there.  But if you choose that route book NOW.  Lot of them are probably filled up, and will probably be getting worse with the border shut down.  The only downside is the nasty waves and wind.  Your 18' boat might not do so well out there.  Definitely seems like most people use a charter.  It's still on my bucket list to ice fish it, had a trip planned out a few years ago with good ice, but the trip fell through.

5/21/20 @ 9:14 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

I am thinking of Lake Erie as an alternative to Canada. Heard a lot about Lake Erie but I have never been there myself. The group that would go to Canada with me consists of eight guys and I’m sure 4-5 of them would find a trip to Lake Erie an acceptable alternative. We were scheduled for Canada around July 12,and we would use that week. How is fishing at Lake Erie in July? If we made the drive we would certainly want to stay for three or four days. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Also, someone mentioned our side of Lake of the Woods. Anyone have any suggestions as to such a location?

5/20/20 @ 8:31 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

Looks like I'm going to Lake Erie this year instead of Canada.  It's ok the walleye fishing there is unreal.  If you've never been there, you should.

5/20/20 @ 6:16 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Zombi, sometimes your English is awesome.  Sometimes it’s, well, in a class by itself.

Anyway, to answer your question, YES, in a heartbeat.  I’ll get vaccinated regardless.

5/20/20 @ 2:04 PM
zombi
User since 8/28/09

I fish in Canada once in a while, usually flying in with my friends. The fishing is always good, sometimes so easy it gets boring. My question is - if in the future, the vaccination for Covid-19 is widely available and mandatory to cross the border, would you guys go for it? 

5/20/20 @ 12:26 PM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

Here is the link to Canada Border Service Agency: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

Better to get information from the horses mouth rather than the other end.

Our annual trip to Wabaskang has been officially cancelled by the latest border closure extension. Don't know if we can try to sneak in a trip in late fall or just look forward to next year.

5/20/20 @ 7:57 AM
selbert
User since 4/21/16

I've been reading the same thing. We are supposed to be there June 27th.  Any thing through the rumor mill what those strict policies will be?

5/20/20 @ 1:36 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

If you read the PM's statement, it looks like Canada may have strict rules in place even if borders open in 30 days. Canada is currently requiring a 14 day quarantine for Canadians returning to the country. I had several trips planned this year, but I now believe the season is lost.

5/19/20 @ 9:15 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Alternatives.  Get a good Green Bay charter.  Hit Lake Oahe, Devil’s Lake, our side of LoW.  Save a little $$$ and keep yer $$$ ‘Murican.

Just thinkin’ our loud...

5/19/20 @ 7:35 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

Just saw on Walleye Central that the border opening is now pushed back to June 21st.  I hope they can get that changed

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 39 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.