MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Remote Canada Drive in lodges.

6/11/19 @ 1:37 PM
ORIGINAL POST
JRJOHN
JRJOHN
USER since 5/2/06

Looking for any suggestions on drive in lodges in Ontario that are very secluded.  Trying to avoid the very big and busy lakes.  Typically do fly-ins but my grandpas is getting up there in age and would like a drive in instead.  Any help is appreciated. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
6/12/19 @ 4:27 PM
NAV165
NAV165
USER since 5/23/05

You might consider Crowduck Lake Camp in eastern Manitoba.  It's a drive to, boat in resort.  They pick up at a landing in a large boat and take you across the lake where you are transferred by truck to the resort.  Very nice facilities with excellent fishing for walleye, smallmouth and northerns.  They have a few portage lakes and even mark the hazards on Crowduck Lake.  They fillet and cook your fish and you can order fries and they deliver to your cabin at your specified time.  I really enjoyed my trip there.  Manitoba requires barbless hooks on all hooks or lures attached to a fishing rod so you need to crimp any hooks you have attached.   

Post Your Comment
6/12/19 @ 8:23 AM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

My first trip to Canada was thru Ghost River Lodge.. They pick you up in a large boat and take you into their lodge on Marchington lake.. Feel of a remote fly-in with an American plan for food/meals.. We took our wives and wanted something a little more comfortable for them.. There are numerous other lakes that you can also portage to and fish.. We had a great time and the fishing was very good.. Our group has been doing fly-in's since then but I would not hesitate to go back..

Post Your Comment
6/11/19 @ 2:28 PM
Shellfish
Shellfish
USER since 7/19/03

Hollinshead lake outfitters.  On Hollinshead lake Ontario.  Only camp on 6,000 acre lake.  Last 50 miles on gravel road.  Good fishing.  Very nice hosts.

877 982 2171

Post Your Comment