SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Press Lake

12/8/23 @ 9:32 AM
INITIAL POST
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01

Who has some experience with this lake north of Ignace off 599 to Valor road.   Its been the mid 80's since I fished the English river down to where it empties into Press.   I have some extra time between a couple other Canada trips and was thinking about giving Press a try.

Any info would be great, will likely camp at Press Lake camp.

Thanks

Press Lake photo by Guidedfishing
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
12/12/23 @ 6:36 PM
candofish
User since 4/2/13
Forgot to add. If you go through where the circle is there are rocks to the left that go all the way to the little island. Ask Ryan and he will help you

12/12/23 @ 6:32 PM
candofish
User since 4/2/13
The rocks are where the black circle is. The camp is located where the x is in the bottom right corner 
Press Lake photo by candofish
12/11/23 @ 5:33 PM
candofish
User since 4/2/13
It can be navigated. I used my trolling motor the first time I went through. After I had a trail on my locator I went through with my  big motor. I have a Ranger 620 with a 250 pro xs and just trimmed it up and had no problems 
12/10/23 @ 9:30 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01
Seeing if I can get the jpg of lake map to go.
12/10/23 @ 9:26 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01
Candofish,   of the two channels are you saying the north Channel is rocky?  Can it be safely navigated.  See my picture.  Feel free to message.  I will be there the last two weeks in July and expect they will be in a summer pattern by then.  Hopefully water conditions improve last year in August that lakes were pretty low.    Appreciate the input I will have a pickup camper and boat in tow.  Are there any good spots on the road or is it all slow go?
12/10/23 @ 9:21 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01
Lunker,  Thanks for pictures.  I am familiar with those areas.  I have fished from the twin falls above the rapids where the collapsed bridge down to the English dumping into press.  
12/9/23 @ 10:15 PM
lunkbox
lunkbox
User since 7/24/01
Here’s a couple of pictures with spots highlighted in the river that worked pretty well in late May. But this goes back probably 15 years ago.
Press Lake photo by lunkbox
Press Lake photo by lunkbox
12/8/23 @ 5:49 PM
candofish
User since 4/2/13
Should be reefs, not reeds
12/8/23 @ 5:48 PM
candofish
User since 4/2/13
I fished it 2 years ago in September. That time of year you had to go between the channel of mountain island to fish for walleyes. There are 2 channels around mountain island. The one to the right is very rocky. The one to the left is a softer bottom. The water was very low. We caught our eyes on the reeds and by picnic island. Fished 15 to 25 feet.  I’ve fished it in the summer quite a few years ago and caught fish almost everywhere. 2 to 10 feet of water. The road going in is narrow with numerous rocks to avoid. Plan ion a 45 minute drive I.  There is small river off to the right that comes from rice lake that holds a lot of fish early    Ryan runs a great camp and can set you on fish
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE