MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Nungesser Lake

6/12/13 @ 1:14 PM
INITIAL POST
OneMoreJig
OneMoreJig
User since 6/7/13
Has anyone fished here recently? Looking for some advice on where the big pike might be. I Leave in 3 days. You can PM me, any info is greatly appreciated.
Displaying 31 to 45 of 60 posts
5/24/18 @ 5:29 AM
JAK79KEL
User since 5/24/06

Guess the sleeping cabins were undamaged and operations aren't affected.  Phhewwwe

5/22/18 @ 11:46 AM
JAK79KEL
User since 5/24/06

Crap... I'll have my buddy reach out to them. 

5/22/18 @ 11:27 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

If anyone is using Anglers Kingdom, they suffered a damaging fire a few days ago. I do not know to what extent but you may want to check in with them if you have a trip planned with them. Hopefully its nothing major.

5/2/18 @ 10:21 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Agreed! Hoping for the rain to push north! Good luck and don't forget to post when you get back so I can get even more excited! Where do you stay when you go? Lodge?

5/2/18 @ 8:09 AM
OneMoreJig
OneMoreJig
User since 6/7/13

I too am also counting the days, I will be there June 22-29.  Hoping they get some rain as it appears the water level is a couple feet down.

5/2/18 @ 8:05 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

I am at 2 months, 2 weeks, 8 hours, and 58 minutes until I am off of work and officially on my Nungesser Lake vacation....

Just sayin..... :)

7/11/16 @ 10:51 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Made it back from yet another awesome Nungesser Lake experience. Three days prior was the main may fly hatch. It affected the bit but didn't stop it at all. Crawlers were definitely the bait of choice during the hatch. Half of a crawler on a jig head did the trick! Leach bite was okay and the minnow bit picked up near the tail end of our trip. 

Hit two walleyes over 26". Got some really nice perch. Didn't target pike this trip but did manage getting 5 to hit my walleye! Boated one of them. Big pike this trip was a 32" fatty that hit a jig and minnow. 

PM me if you are heading up and want to know where I found fish. 

My kids loved it and can't wait to go back. Nungesser Lake Lodge, once again, proved why they are the best place on the lake to say! Took great care of us and my young kids. 

Grizz

Nungesser Lake photo by Grizzly700
6/28/16 @ 8:49 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Heading up in two days!! NLL again for us. I did go at that time, weather was cold, rainy, and nasty! Fishing was awesome tho! Fish were shallow, 10 feet or less. Caught my two 40"+ pike that year while reeling in 15-16" walleye. Was able to net both at the same time. 

I am taking my 3 daughters with me this year so I wanted to get into a little warmer whether. I may be hitting may flies tho so I hope the fishing is still good.

I'd go there in June again in a heartbeat! Next time I will invest into better rain gear!! I wore it every day I was there. Sometimes due to rain and other times just for warmth.

Good luck!!

6/27/16 @ 2:32 PM
Iowa4ND
User since 6/30/14

Griz, Hope you had a good time up at Nungesser this year.  We are going next year but moving time from third week of August to June 16-23.  I think you posted previously that you have fished it during that time frame, be interested in any tips.  staying at NLL again. 

6/15/16 @ 10:34 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Anybody been on Nungesser recently? Looking for water level reports and obviously some fishing reports.

Thanks

3/22/16 @ 3:10 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14
Heading back up to Nungesser, this time over the week of the 4th of July. I've been there in mid June and early August, but never July. There was a sizable difference in fishing patterns from mid June to early August. Any advise on early July?? My kids are going to finally come with me. I hope they will love the experience as much as I do. Thanks
8/18/14 @ 9:37 AM
Iowa4ND
User since 6/30/14
We had a great trip to Nungesser Lake Lodge August 8 thru the 15. Group boated a 42" and a 41" Northern. Largest walleye was 27 inches with lots of 24-26" fish. Weather was not typical walleye fishing weather, warm and sunny most days, but we still got on fish each day. Only area that we could not get on them was North Bay. Storey Bay was a great spot as was the rock area just west of the entrance to Storey Bay. Map shows three red bouys but there are only two, drifted along each edge of the line from the two bouys in about 18-20 ft of water and slammed them. North side of what they call "Dog Di#$" island was very productive too. I'd say it was spit 50/50 on fish caught on crawler vs minnoww. Pretty much used bottom bouncers with Lindy rigs all the time.
8/17/14 @ 9:05 PM
74seventyfour
User since 10/31/06
I stayed at Birch Point Lodge July 26 to Aug. 2. The guy I went with and I had a great time fishing and drinking a few beers. Great lodge, great dock guys, great owner, and a great lake to fish. I hope to fish this lake with my two adult sons sometime.
8/5/14 @ 4:07 PM
Iowa4ND
User since 6/30/14
Thanks for all the info, I will post an update when we get back. Hoping this turns into an annual outing
8/5/14 @ 9:53 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14
Oh, that's what I forgot to tell you. The lake it 2 feet deeper than last year and all the jigging walleyes were between 17' and 20'. If you are taking a rookie up there and just want to pound fish, take them to gull rock. Stay on the west side in 20' of water. You will see a marker buoy out there. Anchor or slow drift!! All the 14-18" walleyes you would ever want! My father and I hit 65 in an hour and a half there just vertical jigging leaches from the side of the boat! It was a blast! Have fun!!
Displaying 31 to 45 of 60 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE