MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Northern Lights

2/17/18 @ 1:23 PM
INITIAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Have any of you experienced the aurora borealis while up in Canada fishing?  I've only seen them 4 times in my life.  Surprisingly, all 4 times were in WI.  Never saw them during either of my trips to Alaska.

One of the best shows I saw was in Oneida County last year.  It was right around the same time that I'll be in Ontario this spring.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
2/19/18 @ 1:09 AM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

I've been going to NW Ontario  the last full week in July every year since I was 9.  Seen the Northern Lights a few times, but it's been a while.  Once it was during a meteor shower.  One of the best experiences of my life.

2/18/18 @ 9:58 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
I have never experienced the Northen Lights in Canada.  I have seen them in Finland a couple of times.  I was about an hour or so from the arctic circle.  And of course, numerous times in WI.
2/18/18 @ 7:15 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
Fishing for catfish on the Red River in Lockport, MB at 11pm in August and saw an impressive display. That was kind of an odd one, I couldn’t imagine many people have watched the Northern Lights while catfishing. Also saw them numerous times while setting goose decoys pre-dawn in MB. 
2/17/18 @ 5:43 PM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

We have a bay on the lake we fish in Ontario that we named "Northern Lights Bay"after the following event. One evening in June, many years ago, we had a mayfly hatch going and an incredible walleye bite.  That night we witnessed the most amazing display of Aurora Borealis and all 9 guys in 4 boats quit fishing and just sat in awe watching the spectacle!......

2/17/18 @ 5:04 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

One time for me they were great right out on the outskirts of Green Bay. I've seen them in Canada on trips several times and it's a good idea to check for them even if it's crawling out the tent at night to stand by a tree. My friend has some photos from a great night in Quetico.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE