SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Nipigon, Ontario

4/14/09 @ 1:26 PM
INITIAL POST
peapod
User since 4/3/02
Would love to chit chat about this lake....anybody else?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 83 posts
4/27/20 @ 12:41 PM
nipigon man
nipigon man
User since 4/6/19

I have fished this lake since the late 80s , my favorite place to fish in all the world. Have been blessed with many great fish caught and released. Have fished all over the entire lake and upper regions of the river to Virgin Falls.

9/20/19 @ 6:52 PM
doorman
doorman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/28/06

Nipigon 

9/20/19 @ 6:44 PM
doorman
doorman

Nipigon

8/7/18 @ 8:39 AM
Outdoor Dave
User since 6/19/01
 have not gone in 2 years because they closed river..going next year for sure. hows your dad?  any big pike this year?
7/22/18 @ 11:14 PM
doorman
doorman

Outdoor Dave... Are you alive??

I'll have a report after my last trip.

3/10/17 @ 3:16 PM
DarrelRay
User since 3/10/17

Doug Stange's Evil Twin,

I'm planing trip to Nipigon for this year as well 2017. Our choices are limited, cannot find any Resorts on lake, Onaman resort looks closest 4 miles up river. Pasha lake resort is also close, they have website. Also limited boat landing acess. Just getting started but the fishing and wilderness will be worth the work. Just getting started will share more as I find also hoping for some help from those with experience on this lake.

10/20/16 @ 10:05 AM
Surfer
User since 6/21/01

Doorman, all I can say is WOW! Fish of a lifetime, and thanks for the release! Good to see there are still fish that size. The 50" pike is almost history, but it is on my bucket list to get to the NWT or northern Sask. Back in the early 70s we fished northern Manitoba and caught big pike, but no 48"ers.

Again, congrats on a beautiful fish!

Surfer

10/17/16 @ 11:47 PM
doorman
doorman

Closed up and winterizing for the winter. Got to fish Oct 9th-12th. Not a lot of fish but QUALITY! Got my biggest yet. 48inch 31.5 pounds. And got to do it with Dad in the boat. And...it's still swimming!

Nipigon, Ontario photo by doorman
6/21/16 @ 9:45 PM
Doug Stange's Evil Twin
User since 9/25/15

Would like to fish Nip in 2017.  Looking for suggestions on resorts.

Thanks

Doug Stange's Evil Twin

6/21/16 @ 9:44 PM
Doug Stange's Evil Twin
User since 9/25/15

Would like to fish Nip in 2017.  Looking for suggestions on resorts.

Thanks

Doug Stange's Evil Twin

6/19/16 @ 8:45 PM
Outdoor Dave
User since 6/19/01

Stayed there a few years ago-could not get out of bay-lake was 4 ft low.no peirs for boats horrible time with owners dad,If you can get out of bay this year try Jackfish river suppose to be hot walleye action

6/7/16 @ 1:54 PM
Werps1
User since 1/10/07

Going up and staying at Onaman River Resort in mid July with my son. Going for northerns and walleyes. C/R except for a little shore lunch. Experienced fishermen with good 21' boat and all the gear.. Any suggestions of what baits to use or locations to try? Would it be smart to try to find a guide for a day? Who?  Thanks a Ton for any tips! Glad to exchange info! Really looking forward to this trip. Really want to fish hard and take some good pics. Love to get into some nice pike..

6/6/16 @ 10:52 AM
Outdoor Dave
User since 6/19/01

did not know that was still around-lots of memorys on that board..Awesome poody will love it.

6/2/16 @ 8:26 PM
doorman
doorman

Pood is up. We went over Memorial weekend. Bad weather. Wind and rain. Water is very low. I think it will go up but plan on low water. Fishing was ok. I'll be back around the 24th. Check out the pic I got from the old cabin. Gona get it framed for Pood.

Nipigon, Ontario photo by doorman
5/23/16 @ 7:21 AM
Outdoor Dave
User since 6/19/01

Doorman-when you headed up?Is poody up there yet?we will be there around june 24

Displaying 1 to 15 of 83 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE