SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

NA Beer crossing the Ontario border and in boats

2/8/23 @ 7:36 AM
INITIAL POST
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with crossing the Ontario border with NA beer. Not sure if that is considered part of your allotment or if there is no restriction on it. The same question goes to having it in the boat. I realize that it does have a trace amount of alcohol in it so not sure how they address this.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
3/24/23 @ 10:49 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01
The way I see it, crossing the border at customs probably not a big deal, and technically if a conservation warden was so inclined to ticket you while fishing I believe you would prevail in court.   That being said is it really worth potentially drawing attention to yourself for something at least in my experience does not typically excite my taste buds.  But then I am not soft drink / pop drinker either.  A bottle of water, some hot tea or sometimes some carbonated water in the boat until I get back to shore and enjoy 1 or 2 real beers while cleaning or eating fish is in my comfort zone.
3/24/23 @ 5:07 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Year's ago, the rules with the border stated fermented beverage. I don't know if NA is fermented at all or not.
2/20/23 @ 11:28 PM
goju
User since 12/30/10
Bullman, I would highly recommend contacting Ontario authorities and ask them.  Both LEO and Fish&Wildlife.  
2/9/23 @ 10:00 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

Thanks Jabberwalker, Labbotts NA contains less than .5 percent alcohol. Sounds like it’s free to bring across the border. Just need to understand if we can bring it on the boat. 

2/9/23 @ 3:18 PM
papiman
User since 8/22/22

From my undrestanding alcohol is what it is the dnr up there are pretty tite  on this and will check you if they are in the area so you are on your own risk.

2/8/23 @ 10:15 AM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04

N/A

2/8/23 @ 10:12 AM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04

Non-alcoholic beer produced on or after July 1, 2022, is not subject to excise duty.

If it's zero alcohol I can't imagine how they could give you a ticket. Would need proof of intoxication, either a breathalyzer or blood test.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE