Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Manion Lake

5/21/12 @ 12:20 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Coyote Hunter
USER SINCE 2/1/12
I just booked a five day stay at Hyatt's Manion Lake Lodge, from August 5th - 10th. I was there a few years ago in June as that is where we ended a Boy Scouts canoe trip. We fished a littlle there so I know there are big Smallies and abundant Walleye. Can anyone share any other info. We are not into fishing much but this is a birthday present for my son and I think this might just get him hooked on fishing. Do I need special permission from my wife to cross into Canada with my son? I know we needed it for the scouts. We are bringing our own boat and any tips on live bait versus artificial would be appreciated.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 245 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/18/22 @ 9:40 AM
fishhook
fishhook
USER SINCE 9/16/01

A few picts of the portage to the outpost camps.

5/18/22 @ 9:36 AM
fishhook
fishhook
USER SINCE 9/16/01

The Turtle River/White Otter lake area:

From talk of very low Ontario lake water levels last fall of 2021,to extremely(flood)high lake water levels may of 2022!

I haven't seen water this high since 2002.

Pic 3- under water road on left going into the main camp.

Pic 1-back of the main lodge, where the 8' wide stretch of sand beach is now under water.

Pict 2- main camp, cabin 5 won't be having nightly fires in the fire pit anytime soon!

5/18/22 @ 6:01 AM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

Tx, cle !

5/16/22 @ 5:32 AM
cle
USER SINCE 3/7/15

False

5/15/22 @ 7:42 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

True or false: I was told that this year you can NOT bring any alcohol into Canada. It must be bought in Canada.

5/15/22 @ 8:31 AM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER SINCE 12/18/07

I’ll be thinking good fishing thoughts for you and the boys FH!

2018 is a great memory!

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
5/13/22 @ 9:47 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER SINCE 9/16/01

Lake ice should be gone any day now!

Good to hear the water level is way up,because of winter snow,& heavy recent rainfall.

When I was there the end of August,2021,water level was down 20” and was a bit difficult traveling from lake to lake though the small river channels.

Fishing should be as good as it was last fall!

4/30/22 @ 2:36 PM
C Eagle
C Eagle
USER SINCE 8/10/13

46 Days until I return to Hyatt’s Manion Lake Outpost.  Can’t wait!!!  This is a warning to all Walleyes!!!

11/24/21 @ 7:23 AM
fishhook
fishhook
USER SINCE 9/16/01

Ontario Canada:

The main camp lake froze up yesterday.

Can’t wait for WI. lakes to freeze up as well. I need to fish!

205 days till my group is back to Canada,fishing at the outpost camp. 

8/30/21 @ 1:17 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER SINCE 9/16/01

Wife,and I went into Canada Aug 20,through international falls/fort frances without any issue. Took 75 mins.

Stayed at the outpost camp as usual. Weather was good,not a mosquito for miles,lake levels were about 18” low as a result of the lack of winter snow,& spring/summer rains.

Fishing,….

Walleye: excellent!

we would jig/minnow,or 1/2 crawler on,around rock structures & sunken points thru out the system. 8’-28’ of water. Fish were 16”-25”.

Smallmouth bass,& pike were everywhere the walleyes were.

Caught good numbers as well while walleye fishing. 

Lake Trout:excellent 

Caught trout trolling spoons,with 3,or 4oz snap weights 20’ back from spoon,let out 150’-175’,or find 60’-65’ of water,& vertical jig the trout worked pretty good as well.

Came back to the states Aug 28 at 6am without any issue. Took less than 2 mins,yeah,I was only one in line,lol.

Next Canada trips,June,& Aug,2022!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 245 POSTS
Advertise here
The Limited Edition Tactical Green Ceymar Spinning and Baitfeeder reels deliver stunning engineering that the Ceymar series has come to be known for. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Tactical Green Ceymar Spinning Reel
Rapala’s unique new Shad Rap® patterns appear to be part baitfish, part unicorn. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - NEW Shad Rap Colors
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.