SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Lodge/Cabin Recommendation

6/17/14 @ 11:51 PM
INITIAL POST
eyezonz
User since 2/7/12
Please help starting to get overwhelmed. Looking to plan a trip to Canada this August. Can any one recommended a lodge cabin that encompasses the most of the following list. *big walleye *musky *bass *nothern *brook trout *lake trout would like all species of fish to be present with out traveling away from lake by land *bait included * drive in * nice cabins * wifi * full kitchen * satellite tv would be nice but not necessarily needed also the shorter the distance from international falls the better thanks ahead of time
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
9/22/21 @ 12:23 AM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Cedar lake is a great walleye lake.  Not a lot of big open water so easy to get around.  Recommend contacting Fishguidealso, he knows the lake and will put you on the walleye.  Also some amazing crappie in the lake.  We stay in Dryden on Fri night and easy trip up to Cedar Lake the next morning.  

9/21/21 @ 8:27 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Would this need a AP.

Smaller lake wouldn't beat up your dad like a big lake. 

I do guide trips on many lakes.

I guided at AML. Looking at longggg boat rides daily.

Check out North Shore Lodge thats the area you would want to leave from.Has AP. 

Cedar Lake Lodge has AP. 

Northern Lights Resort

Maybe Onaway Lodge on LS has openings

PM me for any more info

9/21/21 @ 2:34 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Yah, if I were to recommend kind of a "bucket list" fishing trip for catching and accommodations, it would be Andy Meyers Lodge.

It's expensive, but it is like hitting the "easy" button in regards to everything associated with a Canadian trip.

9/21/21 @ 9:53 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

Andy Myers Lodge

9/21/21 @ 9:17 AM
Marsh Man 2
User since 9/20/10

I'm looking for a recommendation as our usual lodge on Lac Seul is booked up for next summer for the dates we could go. Walleye is the goal, looking for a guide the whole week as my 80 year old father doesn't want to waste a second he has left looking. Not looking for a fly in. Anything around Lac Seul, Lake of the Woods or Rainy Lake area is great....well for that matter just about anywhere if it comes with a LL recommendation. 

6/19/14 @ 6:09 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
Try Temple Bay Lodge .125 miles north of International Falls. I think the only thing they don't have on Eagle Lake (60,000 acres, 400+ islands)is the Brook Trout, but I maybe wrong, lots of small streams flowing into the lake though. They have a great bus trip with their coach bus , that leaves the driving to them. Comes out of Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota & Wisconsin. I have been there 8 times and go back July 1 again this year , out of Central Wisconsin Bus Trip. Big walleyes are very common here. Last years trip biggest 31 1/2" along with a 29" and too many to count 20 -26". Eagle Lake is known for giant Muskie. Check their website for a video and phone number and talk with Jeff. He can help you out with your questions. You can drive up or take bus. Food is great. You won't go hungry !!!! Good Luck!
6/18/14 @ 6:56 PM
NARDA1
NARDA1
User since 3/27/11
See your post on Walleye Central. www.birchdalelodge.com Terry
6/18/14 @ 4:43 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
You can get great walleye, bass, pike and perch in Waubaskang Lake. I have been there many, many times and Peffleys Resort is the best on the lake. You actually get transported by boat into the lake, so it is a remote experience. With a generator for electricity which isn't a problem and live bait on site. It is very close to the best fishing parts of that lake and it connects to Wine Lake, which has very good lake trout fishing. There is even a walk in lake close to camp that you can go to that has an unreal amount of walleye/pike in it. Give ole Dave a call, he can hook you up. What you give up is muskies, but what you gain is a true wilderness lodge that is remote with tons of different offerings. 807-222-3184. I want to say that they are about 3 or 3.5 hours north of International Falls. Paved road all the way. http://www.peffleyscamp.com/
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE