MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Lake Wabaskang

6/7/23 @ 1:43 PM
INITIAL POST
dlok
dlok
PRO MEMBER User since 11/20/08

Heading up this week to Kingfisher Lodge. Just wondering if I can get water level & temps update?

Tight lines,

DLL

Displaying 1 to 15 of 20 posts
8/20/23 @ 6:36 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
I see Sleepy Dog is closing for the year because of low water conditions. Hoping and praying for much needed rains and a good snowpack this winter.
7/14/23 @ 1:15 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
Finished off the  week on Friday midday, Rain came in fairly strong. Did follow up on the spots for the walleye and managed to fill out our limit to come home, also filled out on northern and got about 50 nice perch to tqke home. 
All in all, I would say the wek was pretty good, except for weather at times, but we cant ctontrol that !!!
7/12/23 @ 7:33 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
OK, halfway thru the week, when the weather cooperates and we can get out, we have been catching a ton of pike, most of which are too small, but we have found the nice eaters around, 20" and up if they are fat and chunky, should be able to bring home our limit. Perch are doing OK, starting to freeze a bunch to come home, been eating quite a few also, they are good. Walleyes...welllllll, still trying to locate any numbers of them but we got a lead on a few spots for wednesday, gotta give it a go. Got a couple, but we ate them :)  Weather does not look promising for thursday or friday, we shall see.
Catching most of the fish on crawler harnesses with either a half crawler or a minnow, so far the crawler is winning.
7/8/23 @ 6:35 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15
Peanut09, this lake is very easy to fish and each species has better periods for fishing. A lot depends on what you expect and how good a fisherman you are. There are 6 camps on the lake and all have good reviews. Look them over and select one. Cedar flows into Wabaskang so similar fishing but fewer muskies and crappies than Cedar. It has some trophy potential but is considered more of a numbers lake. 
7/6/23 @ 4:36 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10
I'm looking at lakes for next year and this one seems interesting. Can anyone comment on their favorite time to go and their favorite camp? Cedar lake has been on my mind also. Thanks in advance for any help.
7/6/23 @ 3:32 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15
Good luck Sswpriz. Hope the weather turns out great for you. Maybe you can find one of those muskies!  Post how you do when you get back.
7/5/23 @ 7:26 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
Bullman, really appreciate the info....we are heading up this coming Friday for a week, stay at Kingfisher.
Had an facebook page where one guy caught 3 muskies, off his dock, in one day !! 45, 46.5 and a 48.5 !!!!
they couldn't belive it. but we saw the pics .
after looking at the weather forecast. doesn't look the best tho, ....Murphys Law.

7/5/23 @ 5:49 AM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15
After a week at Peffley's, June 17 - 24th, we found the fishing to be more typical of early/mid July. Most fish were in 8 - 15 fow. Smallies were close to shore and relating to rock or weeds. Many nice walleye with the largest one at 28", and quite a few over the 18" slot.  Caught the majority on 3" gulp minnows but also did well with a 3" white twister tail. Both while using a 1/8 oz jig. The northern fishing was fantastic for those that wanted to catch them. They claimed close to 50 jigs of mine while walleye fishing. Damn those teeth are sharp. Cut right through Power Pro line like butter.  A Johnson Silver Minnow tipped with a twister tail with a leader was the ticket for them. One big difference this year was the best bite for us was on Galeys Bay, drifting across it was very productive as was back trolling there. Water level was very low in Mud and down on Wine, so we didn't try those areas too much. Also, to be honest, I never noticed the smoke during our trip. I saw a helicopter dropping someone off about a mile from the lake and found out that there had been a fire there the week before. Must not have been a very large one. The day we left the may flies had begun hatching and the fish were busting the surface. I'm sure that the fishing slowed down a few days later. 
6/21/23 @ 6:24 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
We have been at Tall Pines since 2007 and are very happy there.
6/20/23 @ 9:48 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
Percheye, thanks for the info....what resort do you stay at ?
6/20/23 @ 7:22 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
No it wasnt like that at all.Some days smoke was more evident than others but never needed a mask.
No surprise I'm a perch guy. We got our perch. Walleyes were 6-12' going deeper and crappies were already done week before. Bass were shallow and northerns are everywhere. 
6/20/23 @ 12:30 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
Percheye, is it to the point where you may have to wear a covid mask ????
BTW, how was fishing ?
6/20/23 @ 6:13 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Last week it was like fog at times you could taste and smell it. 
6/20/23 @ 5:55 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
Bullman...is the smoke or haze from the fires a factor at all ??
6/15/23 @ 10:19 AM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15
Heading up there Saturday, June 17th. Staying at Peffley's. Looking forward to another great week.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 20 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE