Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lake trout

1/23/20 @ 8:47 AM
ORIGNAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Well we went out for trout yesterday and did not get any.we would have mived but we had auger troubles decided to stick it out and hooe some fish would swim through. That didnt happen. Its usually a great spot. Did solve a lot of tge worlds problems though.ice conditions havnt changed as ice is still around a foot.Inly difference now is slush is starting to accumulate in some areas as we went through a lot of it in sime areas.Hopefully next time.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/24/20 @ 9:29 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Feel much better now after catching some walleyes after a fishless day earlier in week.the ice shack doesnt let you down to often.The one ice shack i fish from has a big hole in it that has a lifht bulb under styrofoam to keep it from freezing so its really nice to fish in that shack as i never have to drill a hole.Its pretty big at about 2ft x3ft.so i see all fish coming up to the surface. Yesterday i had a fish on that i thought was a muskie but ended up being a huge walleye around that 32" category.i have a net in tge shack for big fish but this fish went nuts at tge surface and i missed it.unreal.but rest of afternoon produced lots of eater sized walleyes.always a fun spot.i tried a 1/8 oz white marabou jig yesterday and that seemed to really work well. When action slowed i used a straight hook with 4 ft leader and 1/4 oz split shot.2 turns on my reel brings weight up 4 ft and keeps minnow right on the bottom. That worked great for a 1/2 hr and then bite was over.

1/23/20 @ 9:21 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Cliff lake launch on hwy 105.

1/23/20 @ 3:11 PM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Jon,  Your launching stop looks familiar, Close to home?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.