SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Lac Seul

1/2/15 @ 4:57 PM
INITIAL POST
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10
Looking to go to Lac Seul, I never been there and don't have any idea where to stay, what area to stay in, would like to fish for walleye, looking for Maybe June unless someone has a better time. Would need to rent a boat. We would also hire a guide. tried the internet but it is over whelming, and still don't know what area to look at.
Displaying 31 to 40 of 40 posts
2/23/16 @ 9:54 PM
lunker75
lunker75
User since 12/13/13
Winoga lodge great place great guides look at uncutangling video aron wieb / lac seul musky walleye on youtube
2/8/16 @ 10:14 PM
AJPACK
AJPACK
User since 4/30/15
We went to Lac Suel Lodge. we were able to get all accommodation thru them. We were able to rent boats, hire a guide, and have a nice cabin on the lake. Well worth it, and all the hands that Rod (the owner) has are great. All boat hands are very knowledgeable of the lake and keep tabs on where the fish are. We went the last weekend of may in 2014.
10/29/15 @ 10:09 AM
canadianjoe
User since 7/18/13
If your headed to the Ear Falls section ensure to have some extra gas, and good electronics to explore. Yes it is busy there but you can find some very good fishing in that general area. Best to have a good size Boat that is needed for the wide open parts of the main lake as she can get rough! Most fishing this lake have camp boats with small <60hp outboards. We do quite a bit of fishing on the main lake and only see an occasional boat in the distance. I now live in Wisconsin and only return for a week or two each summer. We usually take quart of Gulp, 1/2 gallon salted minnows, and flat of crawlers(pending weather). It took me until early October to finally start recovering from Walleye Elbow! CPR all those over the slot and it will stay that way! If you're looking for some Big PIKE Lac Seul has those too! Smile Stay in Dryden take your own boat that will give you options. Go Eagle for Muskie/Northern/Walleye in that order. Ord another, Lac Suel for a couple of days. The list goes on. I couldn't see leaving a 50K boat at home. Mostly gravel roads you'll need a Rock Tamer, bow guard, Rhino coated trailer, and extra tires
2/18/15 @ 8:27 PM
raweye
User since 3/10/08
Williams lake lodge. On Williams lake that connects to lac seoul. Go every year and never disappointed
2/17/15 @ 8:21 PM
chill440
chill440
User since 1/2/15
Looking to come up to the area this summer. Looking at Lodges on Lac Seul and also Big Vermilion. Read something strange when checking out Big Vermilion. It was said that there are NO Walleye in Big Vermilion. I realize it is an artificial bait only lake so people can't use minnows which probably makes catching them harder and therefore less popular than near by Lake Seul. But are there SERIOUSLY no walleye in the lake or was this guy just disgruntled because he never caught any.
1/6/15 @ 10:00 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Lac Suel is a huge lake and ranges from places running to many people through and having the area over fished to areas that you can fish for a week and only see 2 or 3 other boats and they're from the same resort you're staying at. I fished the south end out of Muckwa Lodge in the Cree Indian Reservation. Best fishing I've ever had and I've been to Canada at least once a year for the last 20 years or so. We stopped counting at noon the first day when we were all over 100 walleyes! In one bay we caught 27 northerns on 27 casts! I know enough people that have gone to Williams Lake and the fishing was no better than many places in Wisconsin or Minnesota.
1/5/15 @ 5:38 PM
raweye
User since 3/10/08
We have never hired a guide stayed at Williams lake lodge and caught 12 eyes over 27 inches.
1/4/15 @ 8:42 AM
ocetp
ocetp
User since 7/7/01
All Canada show is in Chicago next weekend. You can get discounted tickets online. Veterans are free on Sunday. Always fun and interesting. Should be a few Lac Seul exhibitors.
1/4/15 @ 7:02 AM
teddi
User since 6/1/11
Lac Seul is very highly over rated. There are lot of other lakes as good or better.
Displaying 31 to 40 of 40 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE