LOGIN
Lake-Link

lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 5:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
USER SINCE 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 1,915 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/1/22 @ 2:08 PM
Carpio
MEMBER SINCE 11/5/17

Hawk    You ever fish in BOLTON BAY?

7/1/22 @ 11:34 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
USER SINCE 7/1/22

How is the fishing going?  We are coming up July 9-17.  Staying at Thunderbird Resort.  How is the water level is it still way high?  Been going to Lac Des Mille Lacs for 47 years, missed it for the last few.

6/8/22 @ 3:37 PM
Illinois Angler
USER SINCE 6/5/07

Thanks for reply Planocat, I have a seasonal spot in mud bay, I’m bringing a cellular booster with me too, my neighbor has one and it did help last year. We are eating right now at the rustic inn by two harbors, recommend it if you have tried it.

6/8/22 @ 6:24 AM
Planocat
Planocat
USER SINCE 6/12/06

Illinois Angler...to answer your internet question, no, there has been no upgrade to the internet.  Spotty service from the bench outside the office is all they are providing again this year.

I have internet access through a created "hotspot" on my wife's phone----an iPhone 8+.  My 6S doesn't work.  Last year I bought a cellphone signal booster and it gives me access, but I haven't "climbed the tree" to install it this year.  I'm sure once I do that, my phone will also work for creating the hotspot that gives me internet access from the motorhome.

I hope I answered your question.  Neighbor bought the phone card, but could not get it to work at the payphone.  Probably a temporary condition we have all faced in the past.

So, if you have a dire need for phone, you can always come to the motorhome and use my signal or phone.

Travel safe.....

Planocat 

6/7/22 @ 10:06 PM
Illinois Angler
USER SINCE 6/5/07

Nice to hear you made it back up Planocat, how are you posting? Did they get the Wi-Fi working?  Is the high water affecting the fishing any ?  I’m leaving tomorrow and will be there Thursday, I’ll stop by and listen to your story, funny how the biggest ones always gets away ??

6/7/22 @ 3:56 AM
Planocat
Planocat
USER SINCE 6/12/06

Another great afternoon on LDML.  Limits of walleye (although my wife kicked my butt) and a wonderful dinner.  Bite was as light as I have seen with line movement or dead weight the only clue that there was interest in the minnow tipped jigs in 12 to 15" of water.  

38 yrs at LDML / Pine Point Resort and I am still in awe of the beauty of this lake and its ability to produce treasured fishing experiences.  There just aren't many places like this one.

It is a long way from Texas, but worth every mile.  Border crossing was a breeze using their ArriveCan app, so come on up.  We're in our usual site #2 through August, so stop by and say "Howdy", I'd love to tell you about the big one that got away.

Planocat

6/3/22 @ 3:43 PM
ducer
USER SINCE 5/22/07

2 of the pike were 42” or more (my brothers ruler only went to 40”. And 1 was 39”. The smallies were all over the place. Biggest were multiple 19.5” a few 20” and 1 22” F11 rapalas and x raps  We were just casting and all three species were all together

6/3/22 @ 1:13 PM
Illinois Angler
USER SINCE 6/5/07

Real nice pike ducer,did you measure the pike? The Lund boat looks like the model I have, 1750 fisherman.

6/3/22 @ 11:24 AM
Carpio
MEMBER SINCE 11/5/17

NICE FISH!    Strangely I’ve never caught a smallie inLDL but I’ve only fished BOLTON BAY.  Fished there maybe 25-30x in the 60s.     CARPIO 

6/2/22 @ 9:36 PM
ducer
USER SINCE 5/22/07

A few more we were at LDM LODGE. No problem  Crossing the border but do your arrive Canada app thing.No poultry or eggs of any kind can be Brought across the border that includes processed frozen anything.  We did not keep an eye under 17 inches and did not keep one over 20 inches    This was year 31 for me and will truly be one to remember. Good luck to everyone going up

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 1,915 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.