LOGIN
Lake-Link

lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 5:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
USER SINCE 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 1,915 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/7/22 @ 12:50 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
USER SINCE 7/1/22

Planocat,

No problem, may drive out to see you sometime next week.  We usually go to Owl Island and Broad Point areas, also Lake Cushing has produced some good fish in the past.  Also head to the boot bay as well.  Hope all is good and lines are tight.

Todd

7/7/22 @ 8:24 AM
Planocat
Planocat
USER SINCE 6/12/06

TRCHawkeyes......Just noticed you are staying at Thunderbird Lodge not Pine Point.  Sorry, but I can't help you with that area as I have been at Pine Point for 38 years.  Boot and Baril have been stomping grounds in the past, but with this year's Biden fuel prices, I won't be making those runs unless I hit the lottery as a round trip is close to $100.  Thank goodness for the areas close to Pine Point that consistently hold good fish.

7/7/22 @ 8:07 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
USER SINCE 7/1/22

Planocat,

Will definately look you up, I have been coming to Thunderbird since I was 7 (now 54) would love to meet you.  I have been watching your posts for years.  Appreciate all of the feed back and information you provide.  It has been 4 years since we have been up there, so can't wait to get the lines wet.

Thanks,

Todd

7/7/22 @ 8:01 AM
Planocat
Planocat
USER SINCE 6/12/06

TRCHawkeyes......Stop by (site 2) with your map when you here and I'll share some spots with you depending on whether you are targeting walleyes or smallies.  Last trip out my bride limited on walleye and I caught a 26" kicker fish along with quite a few other fish.

Also, as always, Carlo is very generous with his suggestions and couldn't be a better host.  And he's one heck of a fisherman willing to share his knowledge.

Travel safe, and have a great stay at our little piece of paradise. Bring plenty of mosquito spray......they too have discovered LDML and invited all of their friends!

7/5/22 @ 10:09 PM
lucasjay
USER SINCE 1/16/04

Hi Everyone,

Will be coming back up to LDML after a couple years away. Can’t wait. We had always stayed at Thunderbird but had heard great things about Lac Des Mille Lodge being very kid friendly so we decided to try the trip with our four kids (ages 4-12) and a niece and nephew. Never stayed there before so we are cautiously excited. Most nervous to me is we have never fished North of the Honkonen so that region of the lake will be new to us. We are primarily targeting walleye but with the kids, any tips for spots with Smallie action in that part of the lake would be appreciated.  I would love any suggestions for areas to target in that part of the lake. A direct message to me would be awesome. We are leaving Sunday so any suggestions on artificials that have been hitting would be helpful not knowing what the bait situation is there either. If available, we will likely go to our typical jig and minnow. So pumped. We will be in cabin 10 (starting Monday the 11th) for anyone on here that wants to share a couple beers and fish stories. Look for a big guy with 4 kids. Tight lines everyone. 

7/5/22 @ 2:19 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
USER SINCE 7/1/22

Planocat,

Thanks for the update.  Any specific places that are hitting really good?  Be there on Saturday and can't wait.

7/5/22 @ 10:53 AM
Planocat
Planocat
USER SINCE 6/12/06

Water level is falling pretty fast.

http://seineriverwmp.com/lacdemillelacslevels.pdf

Fishing remains good even with all the wind.  

7/2/22 @ 9:04 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
USER SINCE 7/1/22

Did you catch many Walleyes, Northern, Perch and Bass?  Also are you up there now?

7/1/22 @ 7:57 PM
Carpio
MEMBER SINCE 11/5/17

Many many X.     In 1960 I stayed there 27 straight days. CARPIO 

7/1/22 @ 3:12 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
USER SINCE 7/1/22

No, we have never went that far.  Have you?

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 1,915 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.