MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 5:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,931 posts
7/19/23 @ 10:54 PM
DavidAP
DavidAP
User since 4/16/02
Fished out of Pine Point Resort the week of 07/08/2023.  Party of four caught limits of walleye, pike and smallies mainly in the central and SW areas of LDML.  Weather was great with temps in the low 70s with a nice chop on the water.   Water temps in the mid-60s.  Water level was down by a foot (-12”) from August2022.   Heading back to same resort the week of 08/09/2023.  Tight lines, DavidAP

7/19/23 @ 11:17 AM
Summitdave
User since 7/22/05
Eight of us headed to Open Bay Lodge on Saturday for a week,FYI,they are a class act.
We have been going there for years,will post we we return!!
Dave
7/5/23 @ 4:57 AM
DavidAP
DavidAP
User since 4/16/02
I am fishing out of Pine Point on 07/09/23.   Can you point me in the right direction or area to catch jumbo perch on LDML?   I got the pike, walleyes and smallies figured out but not the larger perch.
Thanks, David
7/3/23 @ 12:34 PM
SharpHook
SharpHook
User since 9/7/15
To support all of the old Post and to warn fisherman in the future.. Do not waste your $$ at Thunderbird Resort.  Someone said it previously and they were right, what an absolute sh*t hole!! I by no means have any problem with rustic or dated cabins. Broken toilet, had to use the toilet in the cabin next to us, No hot water for 1st 2 days.  Broken lights with bare wires hanging.. duct taped broken windows.  Smell of leaking propane and yes all the pilot lights were lit.  The Owners had the personality of a rock, never checked in on customers and had to be tracked down for gas and bait.  Beware people!!!
6/28/23 @ 9:05 AM
Robert L
User since 8/28/17
We still have cabins and campground openings for July, August, and September for some incredible fishing on beautiful Lac Des Mille Lacs! We can accommodate anywhere from 2-12 people in cabins. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and great customer service to provide you with a relaxing enjoyable time. Book now for your next fishing trip by contacting us directly here or by calling 807 986-2335, email:[email protected]. Don’t just take our word, read our reviews on google and Facebook. Come see what you’re missing! 
lac des mille lacs LDML photo by Robert L
6/25/23 @ 9:19 PM
76er
User since 6/28/06
Been going to LDML since 1986 . First two times we camped on an island. I was at Pine Point with a friend the last week of May and the fishing was good  ,but not as good as last year . Kept moving around and eventually we would find them . Quite a few overs with the biggest walleye 23 inches.Taking my wife and two grandsons first week in July .  I enjoy reading the posts also . Good luck

6/13/23 @ 6:27 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Never caught a smallie back then.
6/13/23 @ 4:10 PM
candofish
User since 4/2/13
I first went Canada with a group of about 20 kids and adults. The adults slept in 2 trailers and us kids slept in tents. I was 10 at that time and you camp on any of the lakes for free. We all had 16 foot alumacraft boats with 9.9 merc motors. All we did was troll in 4 to 5 feet of water. The person up front sat in the bow and looked out for boulders. This will be my 58 year to Canada. Missed the last 3 because of the pandemic. Been going to Pinepoint since 1983. Walleyes are mostly caught on jigs with plastics. The smallmouth have exploded up there. Just casting spinners and rapalas in shallow rocks. 
6/13/23 @ 7:28 AM
Carpio
Carpio
CANDO.   Same here.   I was 16 in 1957 when I first fished there and went there for the next 8 years. At that time we new nothing about structure,points,etc.    It was troll,troll,troll for walleyes and didn’t know what a jig was.    It was all guess and by golly.  We caught plenty of fish but I wouldn’t say now that it was outstanding but at that time we thought it was.    We had to portage from LAKE KASHABOWI which was thrilling for a teenager and no problem.  I wouldn’t make it 2 blocks nowadays lol.
6/13/23 @ 5:39 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10
Rusty, If the fishing is that good, buy the extra license. I bought my son a license on our trip last year. Also outdoors card. In my opinion, It's worth it for the fishing we do. Good luck on your trip.
6/12/23 @ 9:59 PM
candofish
User since 4/2/13
We fished it for about 3 hours or so back in 2019  Didnt do very well.  Caught a few walleyes, northerns and a huge whiefish.  Heading to Ldml this friday.  This will be our last trip to Canada.  Getting to old and not enough people want to go
6/12/23 @ 7:49 PM
Carpio
Carpio
Anyone fish in BARIL BAY?     
6/12/23 @ 3:54 PM
Illinois Angler
User since 6/5/07
Rusty, I’m afraid I can’t help you, when my kids were younger we didn’t buy a license for them ,but back then the limit was 6 with no slot , I did see they will also have to have their own outdoors card if they have their own license, this forum has been quiet every since Covid, less people going up and the high price of gas last year didn’t help either. Hope more people start posting, I like reading the fishing reports, have a great trip
6/12/23 @ 11:11 AM
RustyFishHook
User since 6/7/15
Has anyone taken a person under the age of 18 and bought a 1 day license on last day to bring home another limit of fish?
6/12/23 @ 9:26 AM
Bingo
User since 3/22/04
This forum is very quiet this year.  Maybe fewer people going to Canada to fish.    We were there at Pine Point during Memorial Day week.   Switched over from Thunderbird as that place is a mess and glad we did.  Pine Point is great.   Temperatures were very warm in the 80s all week and it was shorts and sandal fishing.    Walleye bite was great especially in the very early morning.   Had work a little harder on northerns to file cooler water but all 14 of us limited out with lots of fish eaten.  Border crossing much easier this year and no fish check leaving Canada.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,931 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE